This is a diabetic carrot cake recipe, which is an individualized healthy yet still sweet dessert. This is a dessert that can be served in small portions to leave you feeling satisfied.
It has been designed with those on a low-carb diet trying to avoid potatoes or gluten in mind. One of the easiest ways to refresh your diet and reduce sugar intake is to try new recipes.
This one-of-a-kind diabetic carrot cake recipe has a perfect balance of ingredients that are easy on sugar intake. With only one gram of sugar per serving, this dessert keeps you healthy without being too heavy or boring.
How To Prepare Diabetic Carrot Cake Recipe?
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
Serving Size: 12
- 6 x 8 inch baking pan
- Kitchen Mixer
- Food Processor (optional)
- Parchment paper
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup ground flaxseed (or 1 cup of seeds)
- 2 cups raw almonds, chopped and lightly roasted (toasted)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons of pumpkin spice mix
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups shredded carrots (or 2 pounds of fresh carrots)
- 1 teaspoon of honey
Making Method By Diabetic Carrot Cake Recipe:
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix all types of dry ingredients, then set aside.
Step 2: Place the vegetable oil, eggs, and sugar in a bowl and mix well. Mix in all of the shredded carrots. This will help prevent sticking, so do not add any too soon before you add the rest of the carrots.
Step 3: Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and gently fold in with a spoon or spatula until it is all combined.
Step 4: Pour the batter into a 6×8 inch baking pan. Bake for about 35 minutes, or until the edges become golden and the middle of the cake becomes firm.
Step 5. Allow cooling on a wire rack.
Step 6. Slice and serve.
Note: This recipe is designed to work best if you have your oven preheated at 350 degrees Fahrenheit before you start,
then I suggest you turn it off before adding the ingredients to prevent heating up your oven repeatedly.
Nutrition Facts Of Diabetic Carrot Cake Recipe
Attractive 8 Serving Ideas Of Diabetic Carrot Cake Recipe
1. While this cake is still warm, sprinkle the top with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar. The sugar should melt into the warm cake and make a delicious frosting.
2. To ensure you have plenty of leftovers, double the recipe. This recipe doubles well with no significant increase in preparation time.
3. After cooling down, freeze some of the slices to eat later in a low-fat version of ice cream sandwiches.
4. Turn this into a cake by substituting whole wheat flour with a mix of oat flour, almond flour, and coconut flour.
5. Try serving it for dessert to your family or guests, or serve it for breakfast as a healthy and nutritious treat.
6. Cranberry sauce is perfect to go with this cake too! For a recipe variation, you can replace the cranberries with preserved orange slices and herbs if you want some extra flavor.
7. Try serving this in your favorite coffee mug. It is a perfect snack and will hit students and office workers alike.
8. Sprinkle the top with sesame seeds if you want to make it more colorful for the presentation.
Is Diabetic Carrot Cake Recipe Good For Diabetics?
Yes. This one of a kind cake has just 1g of sugar per serving, which is good for people with diabetes. It is only 45g of total carbs and 9g of fat.
It is small enough to satisfy your sweet tooth without ruining your diet or making you feel guilty over eating dessert.
What Is A Good Dessert For A Diabetic Person?
A good diabetic dessert recipe should have a ratio of fruit to sugar that is healthy and pleasing but not too high. It should also be sweet enough to make you feel satiated without ruining your diet.
What To Use In This Cake Baking For Diabetics?
This healthy cake is best made with whole wheat flour, ground flax, and natural peanut butter. You can also add chopped raw almonds or nuts of your choice, like walnuts or pecans.
Flaxseeds also have a healthy fat content that is good for people with diabetes. Peanuts and cashews have a higher fat content than nut butter, so they can be used if you are on a diet low in saturated fats.
Is It Best Sugar Free Diabetic Carrot Cake Recipe?
This is a sugar-free recipe, so you do not need to worry about the sugar content. This recipe has just one gram of sugar per serving. For those on a diet low in saturated fats,
peanut butter and cashews can be used as alternatives for nuts because they are rich in healthy monounsaturated fats.
Does Diabetic Carrot Cake Recipe Raise Blood Sugar?
A small amount of sugar is added to the recipe to allow you to enjoy this delicious dessert. It only contains a small amount of sugar compared with typical dessert recipes,
so it should not significantly raise your blood sugar levels. You are better off choosing other sweeteners if you do not want to add sugars.
How To Freeze Diabetic Carrot Cake Recipe?
1. Ensure the cake is completely cooled before placing it in a freezer-safe container. This should be done as soon as possible for optimal results.
2. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for about 3-4 hours. The plastic wrap will prevent ice crystals from forming over the top of your cake.
3. Remove the cake from the freezer and let thaw at room temperature for about 1 hour before serving or refreezing if you prefer to store it longer.
This diabetic carrot cake recipe has a sweet taste with a hint of spice. It is hard to resist because it smells so good. There are no added sugars or fats to worry about.
You can cut it with a fork, or for easier eating, you can use a spoon. The cake will not crumble when you eat it, which makes it easier to eat the smaller pieces. It is a very versatile recipe you can use as a present or just by yourself.