The carrot cake loaf recipe is relatively new and has been gaining popularity over the past few years. It combines the flavors of carrot cake and bread to create a gooey, sweet baked good.
The ingredients and techniques for this recipe vary by brand, but most call for chopped carrots and seasonings.
The carrots are placed into the loaf pan, then the batter is poured over them and finally topped with a glaze.
Depending on what you have on hand, you can bake your carrot cake loaf in a loaf pan or muffin pan.
This carrot cake loaf recipe will help you to stay healthy without compromising taste by using wholesome ingredients.
How To Prepare Carrot Cake Loaf Recipe?
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Serving Size: 8 slices
- One loaf pan,
- Two loaf pans,
Ingredients For Carrot Cake Loaf Recipe:
- 1 cup of carrots, chopped
- 2 cups of flour, all-purpose
- One and ½ cups of sugar, white granulated
- One teaspoon of baking soda
- One teaspoon of cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon salt, refined salt, or sea salt
- Two teaspoons cinnamon, ground (optional)
- Three eggs, beaten lightly
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Two teaspoons of vanilla extract
Directions For Carrot Cake Recipe:
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 F, and spray an 8-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
Step 2: Steam or boil the carrots in a pot of water for about 5 minutes and drain. Put carrots into a mixing bowl and set aside for later use.
Step 3: Mix all-purpose flour, 1 cup sugar, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl and stir the eggs gently. Add oil and vanilla extract, then mix well until the batter is smooth.
Step 4: Add carrots to the batter and stir to combine.
Step 5: Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan; scrape the batter out of the bowl with a fork. It will look like an unappetizing pile of crumbs, but don’t worry.
Step 6: Bake for 45 minutes until the toothpick inserted into the center comes clean. Meanwhile, prepare three mini loaf pans similar to step 1.
Step 7: Test the carrot cake loaf for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of the loaf or pans.
The toothpick should come out clean if it is done. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Step 8: Use store-bought frosting to top each slice with a little glaze. Store leftover carrot cake loaf in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week or freeze for up to three months.
Nutrition Facts Of Carrot Cake Loaf Recipe
Best 7 Freezing Ideas For Carrot Cake Loaf Recipe
1. Bake a delicious carrot loaf recipe; freeze half of the cake, thaw, and enjoy whenever.
2. Try freezing it to make it a last-minute treat. Wrap the carrot cake loaf in plastic wrap and foil, then put it into freezer bags or containers.
Thaw out on the counter, then fill in with cream cheese frosting; sit an hour until room temperature before eating.
3. Freeze carrot cake loaf in quick-freezing bags, then freeze frozen slices as you would a piece of cake.
4. Freeze carrot cake loaf to enjoy in a fun and different way. Cut the bread into slices, then wrap it with foil and put it back into the freezer in a freezer-safe bag. Thaw, unwrap, and rewrap in microwave-safe paper towels before eating.
5. Freeze the carrot cake loaf to make it last longer. If the bread gets hard after freezing, wrap it with aluminum foil when ready to eat.
6. Bake carrot cake loaf in muffin pans, then freeze them in freezer bags or containers.
7. Make a large batch of carrot cake loaf, wrap individual slices in plastic, and then place them into freezer bags to freeze. Take out whenever you feel like eating or sharing the loaf with others.
What Can You Substitute For Vegetable Oil In Carrot Cake?
Olive oil, coconut oil, and other oils have different flavors, so if you do not have any on hand, you can use any neutral-flavored vegetable oil, such as canola or olive oil.
You can also substitute buttermilk for the 1½ cups of milk and the cream.
Are Carrots Gluten Free?
The short answer is yes, and carrots are gluten free. However, if you have wheat allergies or intolerances, then you should check the ingredients of the bread and flour to be sure that they are not made with wheat.
Which Is Better Butter Or Oil In Cake?
Both are good for you if used correctly. It is up to you. But you should take particular care when choosing which margarine or oil to use in the recipe is the type of fat used.
Many oils have a long list of ingredients that are not healthy, such as trans fats and other harmful components.
Why Is My Carrot Cake Too Moist?
You can add extra flour to the batter to help achieve the desired level of moistness. For example, add about 4-6 cups of flour to the batter for a moist carrot cake.
If you find that your cake mixture has too much moisture, then you can add some baking powder to help it rise and not absorb too much water.
Can You Use A Food Processor To Make A Cake?
It’s not recommended because the cake will be more difficult to mix evenly, and it can cause the batter to become too oily. But you can use a blender or electric mixer to mix the flour, sugar, and baking powder.
Is It Goes Carrot Cake Loaf Recipe With Pineapple?
Yes, you can add pineapple and zest to this carrot cake recipe. Here are some variations of this fantastic carrot cake loaf recipe.
Try our carrot cake slices, carrot gingerbread men, or even Chocolate Mint Coconut Cake.
Can You Make A Carrot Cake Loaf Without Eggs?
You can substitute the eggs with plant-based alternatives such as flax eggs and mashed bananas. You can also use tofu as a healthier option for the eggs. Use an equal amount of egg substitutes instead of 1 whole egg.
How To Freeze Carrot Cake Loaf Recipe?
You can freeze the carrot cake loaf in both loaf pans or a mini loaf pan. First, let the bread cool completely before wrapping it in plastic wrap.
Then put them into freezer bags or airtight containers and store them in the freezer. Thaw at room temperature for 10 minutes before eating.
Look for the best ingredients for your carrot cake loaf recipe to ensure you get the best flavor. Ensure that there is less oil and more flour in your batter so it will not turn out dense and moist but lighter and fluffier like ordinary carrot cake.
Just remember to add baking powder to help your batter rise. Thoroughly mix the batter, so there are no lumps of flour left behind.
Thank you for reading this post.
I hope you enjoy cooking!
You will share fabulous recipes.