This is a very easy mini carrot cake recipe that calls for ingredients that you would probably have in your kitchen, and it’s an idea if you’re looking to bake something small.
The recipe makes two cakes, which is perfect as a single serving or if you’re planning on sharing the dish with all of your friends.
It’s ideal for those who do not have a lot of time to prep, whip up and bake. Sometimes you may want to bake something small but would also like to enjoy its taste.
In such cases, the best way to make this dish is by preparing a mini carrot cake recipe.
How To Prepare Mini Carrot Cake Recipe?
Preparation Time: 30 min
Cooking Time: 25 min
Serving Size: 2 cake
- Electric Mixer,
- 1 medium bowl,
- 1 small bowl,
- 1 mini 2-inch cake pan,
- a knife.
Ingredients For Mini Carrot Cake Recipe:
- 3 tbsp. of softened butter
- 3 tsp of all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp. of granulated white sugar
- 1/8 tsp. the ground cinnamon, optional
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
- 2 1/2 cup(s) of grated carrots(about 2 large carrots)
- 1 large egg white (for brushing the cakes)
- 2 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp. of corn starch
- 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp. of granulated white sugar
- 1/2 tsp. of ground cinnamon, optional
Making Method By Mini Carrot Cake Recipe:
1. In a large bowl, add flour, sugar, and salt. Mix well with a whisk. Add softened butter and mix again.
2. To the bowl, add grated carrots and egg white and beat again till the ingredients are combined well.
3. Add vanilla extract to the mixture and combine well once more.
4. Grease a mini cake pan with melted butter or any vegetable oil you have in your home. Pour the mixture into it evenly (two times).
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 25 minutes until the cakes rise and it’s become golden brown.
6. Cool completely before frosting the cakes with a knife, using heavy whipping cream and commercially prepared frosting, or simply with your homemade buttercream.
7. To make the frosting, in a medium bowl, add whipping cream and granulated white sugar to it. Beat well until the mixture is nice and fluffy.
Add the vanilla extract to it and continue to beat until the cream is perfectly combined with the cream cheese. Add cinnamon powder (optional) if desired.
8. Use a frosting spatula and spread the frosting over the cake, making sure you cover it entirely. Let the frosting set before serving.
9. Serve and enjoy a mini carrot cake recipe!
Notes: When preparing this dish, you can add raisins, walnuts, or chocolate chips to it before baking if you like such toppings on your cakes.
You may also add pecans if you want the cakes to be crunchy but there’s nothing wrong with adding these things after the cake has been baked.
Nutrition Facts Of Mini Carrot Cake Recipe
|Total Fat||3.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
8 Amazing Serving Ideas For Mini Carrot Cake Recipe
1. Serve the mini carrot cake recipe with a cup of iced coffee or cocoa.
2. Serve the mini carrot cake recipe as a dessert for your guests.
3. Serve mini carrot cakes as part of an appetizer for parties and other gatherings like baby showers and movie night celebrations.
4. You can also serve a mini carrot cake recipe with breakfast, lunch, and dinner to be included in your favorite diets such as low-carb and diabetic diet plans.
5. Serve the mini carrot cake recipe with a glass of milk for a snack or a dessert before heading to bed.
6. You can also serve the mini carrot cake recipe as it is, without adding any frosting or whipped cream as a topping. This way, you’re just adding some carrots and sugar to your daily meal plan.
7. Serve the mini carrot cake recipe with your favorite fruits like bananas for a healthy snack!
8. Use both the cakes you’ve baked and make mini carrot cake recipes. You can place one mini cake next to the other serving as a centerpiece!
Is Mini Carrot Cake Recipe Healthy?
This recipe is a healthy dish when made correctly. The cakes are made with carrots, which are considered low-calorie and highly nutritious ingredients, but you’d have to make this dish right to completely avoid the fats and fats in them.
This dish will taste good even if you add some fat or dairy products to it. It’s best to control the carbohydrate intake by not overdoing it on the carbs as well as watching out for portion sizes.
Should Carrot Cake Have Raisins?
In some recipes, the inclusion of raisins or nuts is optional, but it isn’t here. Chopped nuts and raisins are added to mini carrot cakes to boost their taste.
Many people believe that adding nuts or raisins to mini carrot cake recipes make them even better than the original one.
Adding nuts and raisins to the cakes is a good idea if you’d like your cakes to be crunchy.
At the same time, you won’t have to worry about having a problem with unwanted fats and calories in your diet. Even if there is little fat or cholesterol in this recipe.
How Do You Know When Carrot Cake Is Done?
Carrot cakes are usually done when the cakes are golden brown. The texture of the cake when you touch it should also confirm that it’s done.
If the surface is firm and doesn’t stick, then it’s done. The baking should be done at 350 degrees Fahrenheit to prevent the surface from burning while baking.
Can I Bake A Cake And Frost It The Next Day?
Cakes baked in the oven can be frosted the next day. That’s because when cakes are cooled, their consistency will be firmer.
They won’t be as moist as they are when they’re freshly baked, so you might experience some cracking of frosting if you decide to add whipped cream to your cake.
The best way to prevent this is by adding hot or cold milk to your whipping cream with sugar.
What Is A Secret Ingredient To Moisten Cakes?
There’s a certain ingredient that would keep your cakes fresh and moist as you can see in some mini carrot cake recipe. Many recipes use eggs, soda, or beer while baking their cakes.
However, these methods may sometimes lead to an unwanted taste in your cakes like a bitter or sour taste. Here is a better way of making cake moist.
To make cakes moister and improve their taste, add 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise to the recipe before baking it.
Mini carrot cake recipe are a delicious and nutritious snack that you can prepare quickly and easily.
This recipe is made with carrots, which are considered healthy and have many benefits to the body if consumed.
The cakes are also low in calories, fat, and cholesterol while boasting a high nutritional value.
This recipe will help you relish your favorite cake even more as there’s an element of surprise with the use of carrots in it.
Thanks for visiting!