A carrot cake pancake recipe is a thin pancake made with shredded carrots, flour, eggs, and milk and served as breakfast or as an afternoon snack.
It is a classic recipe featured in many dessert cookbooks of the past century. This cake is so fluffy and moist that you won’t believe your taste buds!
Unlike other pancake recipes, whose only downfall is their lack of flavor, these carrot cake pancakes have a ton of flavor from the shredded carrots in the batter.
Carrot cake pancakes are small-diameter pancakes, so they are very filling. I usually serve them with maple syrup. Properly welcome your guests with a variety of colorful, delicious carrot cakes.
These cakes are perfect for buffets, parties, or celebrations.
How To Prepare Carrot Cake Pancake Recipe?
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Serving Size: 4 pancakes
- 3 cup measuring items
- Four measuring spoons
- Five medium mixing bowls
- Three medium mixing spoons
- One small bowl
- large frying pan
Ingredients Of Carrot Cake Pancake Recipe:
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- One teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Three large eggs, beaten to blend
- 3/4 cup finely shredded carrots, grated
- 1/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- One tablespoon of unsalted butter for the griddle
Instructions For Carrot Cake Pancake Recipe:
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt. Combine beaten eggs, carrots, white sugar, and ground nutmeg in a small bowl. Add half of the flour mixture and mix to blend well.
Step 2: Mix the remaining flour with a sturdy spoon until blended. The batter should be very thick. Gently drop the batter into the hot skillet, using a large spoon to spread it into a pancake.
Step 3: Cook each pancake for 2-3 minutes on each side. Place pancakes on a paper towel to absorb excess wetness. Repeat until all of the batters are used.
Step 4: Serve warm with plain yogurt or butter and maple syrup, if desired.
1. Carrot cake pancakes nutrition facts provided that there are two pancakes per serving.
2. You can add 1tsp of rum to this recipe for a special treat.
3. I usually serve them with maple syrup and yogurt topping, but feel free to use any topping you like.
4. This recipe doesn’t yield many servings, but they can easily be doubled!
Nutrition Facts Of Carrot Cake Pancake Recipe
Top 9 Serving Ideas For Carrot Cake Pancake Recipe
1. Serve them with a butter and maple syrup topping.
2. Top them with some fresh fruit and plain yogurt.
3. Pour some chocolate syrup on top of the pancakes, and add some whipped cream and a cherry to make a delicious dessert!
4. Serve them with yogurt and crumbled blueberries for a healthy breakfast.
5. Place them in the freezer, then once they thaw out, you can enjoy their crunchy texture because they will become slightly complicated when frozen.
6. Grate it and add it to your favorite homemade granola for a nutritional boost.
7. Sprinkle ground cinnamon on top of the pancake batter before cooking; this will taste amazing!
8. Add a tablespoon of rum and two teaspoons of walnuts to the batter, then cook it as usual. This will make a tasty dessert or snack!
9. Serve with bacon and eggs in the morning; this is delicious!
Is Carrot Cake Pancake Recipe Healthy?
This recipe is low in calories, but it is not appropriate for those on a diet! This healthy and nutritious recipe will only increase your calorie intake by seven calories and net carbs by 4 grams.
Small serving sizes of these pancakes (2-3) will provide 6.5 grams of sugar, so check the nutrition facts before doing this to your children and friends.
What Makes Pancakes Fluffy And Rise?
The main ingredient that makes any pancakes or baked goods extra fluffy is baking powder. This chemical compound combines sodium bicarbonate, cream of tartar, and cornstarch; the last ingredient can be replaced with arrowroot powder.
Can Diabetic People Eat Carrot Cake?
People with diabetes can enjoy this recipe if they take their medications according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
You will be able to enjoy these carrot cake pancakes because they are low-carb and low-glycemic.
Why Do Carrot Cake Pancakes Rise So High?
A thicker batter allows the mixture of ingredients to stay closer together, thereby preventing bubbles from escaping while rising.
This recipe uses eggs, cream of tartar, and baking powder, all known for making fluffy pancakes.
Is There A Substitute For Baking Powder?
If you do not have any baking powder in your kitchen, you can make a substitute by mixing one teaspoon of cream of tartar with two teaspoons of arrowroot powder.
Can I Use Vegetable Oil In Carrot Cake Pancake Recipe?
You can substitute vegetable oil for butter and add 1 tsp of baking powder instead of salt and baking powder in place of the flour.
However, I prefer to use butter in this carrot cake pancake recipe, as it will also add a rich flavor and taste.
Do Carrots Spike Blood Sugar?
Carrots are packed with nutrients and minerals, and they contain a rich fiber supply, making the blood sugar more stable. Furthermore, carrots are high in beta-carotene, which converts to vitamin A in the body.
Is Carrot Cake Better Than Chocolate Cake?
This recipe is similar to a carrot cake but has a much lighter taste. The batter is not as flavorful as a classic chocolate cake, so you must experiment with it. Enjoy this light and fluffy pancake recipe, and impress your friends and family!
How Do I Store Carrot Cake Pancake Recipe?
A refrigerated pancake mixture can stay fresh for 2-3 days in the refrigerator. Store it in a sealed container, so it does not become soggy from moisture. You can also freeze uncooked pancake batter.
The carrot cake pancakes recipe reminds me of those famous pancakes from the IHOP restaurant. Enjoy this easy-to-make recipe at home with your family and friends. This recipe is so refreshing for breakfast or any other meal during the day!
Thanks for reading!
Please leave a comment below.
Also, don’t forget to share this with your friends!