This strawberry lemon cake recipe is light, sweet, and smooth. It is perfect for springtime. The cake has a beautiful long spiral design on the top that turns into a thin layer of frosting when it cools down.
This cake is not very crumbly, making the finishing process more accessible and less messy. It is a perfect dessert for tea parties, cake balls, or a summer picnic.
You can also make this into a birthday cake or bridal shower cake. Make the bright frosting pink with a bit of yellow that compliments the cake perfectly.
How To Prepare Strawberry Lemon Cake Recipe?
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
Serving Size: 16 slices
- 9-inch round cake pan,
- electric mixer,
- kitchen scale
Ingredients For Strawberry Lemon Cake Recipe:
- 1 cup (8 oz) strawberries, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups (12 1/2 oz) sugar
- 1 cup (8 oz) butter, softened
- Three eggs
- 1 cup (8 oz) milk
- Two teaspoons of baking powder
- One teaspoon extract lemon juice to taste
- 2 cups (8 oz) cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Two tablespoons of all-purpose flour
Making Procedure For Strawberry Lemon Cake Recipe:
1. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and mix well.
2. Dissolve baking powder in the milk and add it to the dough mixture. Beat for another 2 minutes on medium speed of an electric mixer. Add lemon juice to taste and beat until smooth.
3. Sift flour with salt into a medium-sized bowl, mix well and set aside for cake batter preparation.
4. Place the cake pan on a baking sheet and line the bottom of the pan with wax paper. Place 1/2 cup batter in the pan and cover it with wax paper.
5. Fill the rest of the batter in the cake pan, cover, and bake at 350 F (175 C) for 30 to 35 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
6. Cool down for 5 minutes in the cake pan, remove from the oven and cool completely before removing from your cake pans.
Nutrition Facts Of Strawberry Lemon Cake Recipe
- Calories: 318
- Cholesterol: 47 mg
- Sodium: 350 mg
- Carbohydrates: 12 gms
- Proteins: 4 gms
- Fiber: 0 gms
Amazing 8 Serving Ideas Of Strawberry Lemon Cake Recipe
1. To make this cake more moist and sweet, drizzle it with simple syrup, add some fresh fruit on top or serve it with coffee.
2. Serve with fruit salad or a fresh fruit platter.
3. Spread a thin layer of cream over the cake with a spoon and top it with bits of fresh fruits, cherries, and kiwi for an elegant dessert.
4. Make the strawberry lemon cake recipe into a cake ball. Roll it in graham cracker crumbs, chopped nuts, and melted chocolate. Let it cool down, and store it in an airtight container.
5. Make the strawberry lemon cake recipe into a creamy bowl of ice cream by adding some sweetened condensed milk.
6. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream for an instant treat that your kids will love to enjoy on a hot summer day, after school snack, or when friends come for a party.
7. Add the strawberry lemon cake recipe to a large pan, fill it with strawberry jam and serve with small cubes of bread for breakfast.
8. Use a strawberry lemon cake recipe for a fresh summer fruit salad. Add some fresh sliced strawberries and peaches or other fruits to it.
Is It Best Easy Strawberry Lemon Cake Recipe?
Yes, this is easy and great for everybody. This can easily be made at home and will not take much time.
It can be served as a dessert after meals, when friends come over, or even when the kids have their friends around.
How Do I Increase The Flavor Of My Lemon Cake?
The most important thing to increase the flavor of your lemon cake is to use plenty of lemons, fresh or bottled. Add a little more lemon juice, zest, and some powdered sugar while mixing the batter.
How Do I Increase The Volume Of My Lemon Cake Recipe?
You can increase the volume of your lemon cake recipe by using egg whites instead of whole eggs. Add a teaspoon of baking powder to the bowl, one whole egg, and two egg whites to get a soft, fluffy texture.
Can I Substitute Lemon Juice For Water In Cake Mix?
You cannot substitute lemon juice for water to bake a cake. The acidity in lemon juice changes the taste of the cake and makes it sour. Try to use one part of lemon juice and 4-5 parts of water while mixing your batter.
How Do I Change The Color Of My Strawberry Lemon Cake Recipe?
You can change the color of your strawberry lemon cake recipe by adding red food coloring before mixing it with the other batter ingredients.
Add black food coloring if you want a darker-colored cake. To add color, you can also top off your cake with cream or vanilla frosting.
Which Ingredient Makes The Cake Soft?
The cake flour is the essential ingredient that makes your cake soft and easy to cut. Sifting the flour is not necessary. Use a spoon when you mix it with your dry ingredients.
Like any other cake, you do not need to be too precise while mixing; use a whisk or fork when adding eggs or milk.
What Can I Add To Make My Cake Moist?
A good amount of butter and sugar can make your cake moist and increase calories. To make your cake moister, add an extra egg yolk or an egg white or use a little water if you have problems with the consistency.
How Many Eggs Do I Need In A Basic Banana Cake Recipe?
Banana cakes use three eggs in the batter. Some people like to add a mashed banana instead of an extra egg which gives the cake a thicker texture.
How Do I Increase The Flavor Of My Lemon Cake?
Can The Strawberry Lemon Cake Recipe Be Stored In The Freezer?
Yes, you can store your strawberry lemon cake recipe in the freezer. When storing your cake, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and then freeze it. You can also put it in a container or bag and freeze it whole.
How Long Can I Store My Strawberry Lemon Cake Recipe?
You must consume your homemade strawberry lemon cake recipe within 4-7 days. This period can decrease because of moisture and humidity if you store it at room temperature.
The strawberry lemon cake recipe is light and lemony, baked with white butter, flour, sugar, and eggs. People who love this cake prefer to serve it chilled with lots of whipped cream.
The best thing about this cake is that you can make it home and serve it to your loved ones.
Not only this, you can even make this recipe in bulk and freeze the extra to use when needed. Hence, it is a cake that you must try at least once in your life.