The idea of a sofa cake recipe is to make one very large cake from scratch, then cut it into slices to resemble a couch.
You could design it with different colored icing to match the cushions and use the arm of a chair as a stand for the top slice so that it stands up like an arm of the sofa.
Once you have finished yours, you can cut and serve slices of your cake seamlessly. It seems simple enough, but if you have never made a cake from scratch, this challenge will result in many failed attempts.
How To Prepare Sofa Cake Recipe?
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 1 Hour
Serving Size: 8
- Parrot Cake Tins,
- stand mixer,
- food color
- 4 cups self raising flour
- 10 large eggs
- 1 lot of chocolate
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup custard powder
Preparation By Sofa Cake Recipe:
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 170 degrees. Grease an 8 inch spring form cake tin with butter.
Step 2: Mix the eggs, sugar, and custard powder together in a bowl.
Step 3: Sift the flour into a bowl and mix with the butter, gradually adding in the egg mixture until all the ingredients are combined.
Step 4: Fill each cake tin 2/3 full with this mixture. Put one of your parrot cake tins on top of each cake tin and hold it there while you fill it.
This will stop any air bubbles in your cake later on if you are not making two cakes at once.
Step 5: Bake for 1 hour. Turn out onto a cooling rack.
Nutrition Facts Of Sofa Cake Recipe
|Saturated Fat||6.5 g|
|Sodium||470 mg (20%)|
Incredible 8 Serving Ideas Of Sofa Cake Recipe
1. Use It As A Pie Crust:
Divide your cake in half and cut the halves into 8 equal sections. This creates a pie crust base.
You could also make little mounds from the top of each section, like doughnut holes, or scoop out some chocolate sauce and fill it in on top to look like ice cream.
2. Use It As A Coffee Cake:
A slice of sofa cake recipe makes a wonderful accompaniment to a coffee in the morning. It’s probably best to cut into 12 slices for this since 8 pieces would be quite large, and you might use only half of each section.
3. Served It As A Birthday Cake:
This cake will make a great birthday cake! Cut it with a knife or use some decorative pastry cutters to make shapes that could be used to spell out the age of the person whose birthday it is.
4. Use It In The Kitchen:
A sofa cake recipe will make a great improvised tray if you can’t find one of those round trays that you often need to bake things on top of.
You could also use it to store things, such as utensils or kitchen knives.
5. Served As A Sponge Cake:
This is similar to using pieces of cake as meringues (or macaroons), which also works well as sofa cakes.
Remember that when eating one of these, you don’t have to be so careful about putting them in the microwave – they will explode if you do!
6. Use It As Bread:
You could use the sofa cake recipe to create bread. Just weight down a slice from the front with something heavy and then bake it in the oven for 10 minutes at 170 degrees.
7. Serving It As A Pizza:
This works best with a large sofa cake recipe (see how to make one here). Cut it into proper pizza shapes, put some toppings on it and bake in the oven at 200 degrees for 15 minutes.
8. Use It To Hold Nibbles:
After making a sofa cake and cutting it up like this, turn it into little “finger sandwiches.” Just cut each slice into quarters (about 3 lengths each) so that you can fill lengthways with your favorite nibbles.
Is Sofa Cake Recipe Healthy?
Yes, your sofa cake recipe is good for your health. This is because it has high fiber content, which helps prevent cholesterol from building up in the arteries and reduces cholesterol absorption from food.
Healthy Benefits Of Sofa Cake Recipe
1. It helps to prevent cholesterol from building up in the arteries and reduces the risk of a heart attack.
2. It helps regulate bowel movement, preventing constipation and fattening substances from being absorbed by the body.
3. It helps to prevent blood sugar levels from changing too fast by storing excess carbohydrates in the intestines, thereby preventing spikes in blood sugar levels.
4. It helps to prevent diabetes from developing by regulating blood glucose levels
5. It helps to prevent cavities and tooth decay by removing plaque and cleaning the teeth
6. It helps to prevent scurvy by avoiding the absorption of harmful bacteria and toxins into the body
7. It helps to prevent malnutrition by avoiding constipation and allowing the body to absorb nutrients and other substances
How To Store Sofa Cake Recipe?
The cake can be stored for up to 7 days in the refrigerator. It can be frozen for up to 3 months, so it will be an excellent idea to make a few extra cakes at a time and freeze them. Defrost them in the microwave and serve.
How To Freeze Sofa Cake Recipe?
1. Make the cakes and freeze them.
2. Make a simple syrup by boiling water and sugar together for about 15 minutes.
3. Remove all cakes from the freezer, and put them in a plastic bag or container with the syrup inside, ensuring that they are covered completely with syrup.
4. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
The sofa cake recipe is simple, tasty, and nutritious. It has no additives or preservatives, and it is vegetarian.
It can be consumed by everyone, especially the elderly and children. It does not have any side effects.
Ingredients for this recipe include flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder, butter or margarine, and applesauce.
The couch cake is a very good meal for people trying to lose weight. It can be a great snack for breakfast or as a proper dinner for kids. Enjoy!