The chocolate jiggly cake recipe is a dessert that was created by the famous British chef Delia Smith.
The original recipe was for a sponge cake that would not be too heavy and have a light texture.
There’s something magical about the way a Chocolate Jiggly Cake dances on your taste buds. It’s not just a dessert; it’s an experience.
The cake’s soft, jiggly, and airy texture, combined with the luscious chocolate flavor, creates a symphony of sensations that leaves you craving for more.
How To Prepare Of Chocolate Jiggly Cake Recipe?
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 60 minutes
Serving Size: 8 people
Equipment You’ll Need
To embark on this culinary journey, you’ll need some basic kitchen equipment, including:
- 8-inch round cake pan
- Parchment paper
- Mixing bowls (at least 2)
- Hand or stand mixer
Aluminum 8-Inch Round Cake Pan Set
Gather the following ingredients to create your Chocolate Jiggly Cake:
- 120g cream cheese
- 40g unsalted butter
- 100ml whole milk
- 5 large eggs, separated
- 50g all-purpose flour
- 20g cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 100g granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Step 1: Preparing the Batter
Preheat your oven to 320°F (160°C).
Line the bottom of the cake pan with parchment paper and grease the sides.
In a small saucepan, melt the cream cheese, butter, and milk over low heat. Stir until smooth. Remove from heat and let it cool slightly.
5 Quart Tilt Head Stand Mixer
2. Creating the Chocolate Mixture
In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks and gradually add the cream cheese mixture while whisking.
Sift the flour and cocoa powder into the mixture and whisk until smooth.
3. Combining the Mixtures
Using a clean and dry whisk, beat the egg whites until frothy. Add cream of tartar and continue beating.
Gradually add sugar and salt while beating until stiff peaks form.
Gently fold the egg white mixture into the chocolate mixture until well combined.
4. Baking to Perfection
Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
Tap the pan gently on the counter to remove air bubbles.
Place the pan in a larger baking dish and fill the dish with hot water halfway up the sides of the cake pan.
Bake in the preheated oven for about 50-60 minutes, or until the cake is set and jiggles slightly in the center.
Remove from the oven and let it cool in the pan for about 15 minutes. Then, transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts Of Chocolate Jiggly Cake Recipe
Enjoy a slice of Chocolate Jiggly Cake as-is or elevate the experience with a drizzle of warm chocolate sauce and a dollop of freshly whipped cream.
Fresh berries or a scoop of vanilla ice cream also make delightful companions to this exquisite dessert.
Tips and Variations
- For a twist, add a teaspoon of instant coffee granules to the batter for a hint of mocha flavor.
- Experiment with different cocoa powders for varying levels of chocolate intensity.
- Dust the cooled cake with powdered sugar for an elegant finish.
Health Benefits of Dark Chocolate
Indulging in dark chocolate in moderation can offer various health benefits. Dark chocolate is rich in antioxidants, which can help combat free radicals and promote heart health.
Additionally, it may contribute to improved mood and brain function.
How To Freeze Chocolate Jiggly Cake Recipe?
1. Lay your pieces of cake on a plastic or paper plate and place them in the freezer.
2. You will notice that it will defrost as soon as it returns to room temperature, but you can thaw it for 15-20 minutes to reheat it without melting the ice cream.
3. After that, allow it to defrost in the fridge for 1 hour.
4. It will taste great if you heat the cake for 5 minutes in an oven and serve it with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, or sauce. You will surely enjoy this dessert like never before if you freeze and reheat it sometimes.
5. You can save unused portions of this cake by keeping it in an airtight container in the freezer for 3-4 days.
How To Serve Of Chocolate Jiggly Cake Recipe?
1. Prepare the cake and cut it into small squares.
2. Serve hot with a cup of warm milk and enjoy the dish with family members and friends.
3. This dessert can also be served chilled as well. You can store it in the refrigerator for around four days.
4. This cake can be stored for about three weeks if you keep it in the freezer.
5. You can also serve this cake at birthday parties and other special occasions.
Creating a Chocolate Jiggly Cake is not just about baking; it’s about crafting a memorable dessert that delights both the eyes and the palate.
This dessert is a testament to the joy of baking and the artistry of creating something truly exceptional.
So, don your apron, gather your ingredients, and let your kitchen be filled with the delightful aroma of this chocolate masterpiece.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I use a different type of pan for baking?
Absolutely, but ensure the pan is of similar size to maintain the cake’s texture.
Why did my cake crack on top?
Cracking can occur due to rapid temperature changes or overbaking. Be sure to follow the baking instructions closely.
Can I freeze the Chocolate Jiggly Cake?
Yes, you can freeze the cake for up to one month. Thaw it in the refrigerator before serving.
Is there a substitute for cream of tartar?
Lemon juice or white vinegar can be used as substitutes for cream of tartar in this recipe.
How can I prevent the cake from deflating after baking?
Allow the cake to cool gradually in the oven with the door ajar. This helps prevent drastic temperature changes that could cause deflation.