Welcome to the world of baking! Today, we’re going to make a delicious Buttery Vanilla Cake that will have everyone begging for seconds.
This classic cake is perfect for any occasion and is sure to please any crowd. With its tender crumb and rich buttery flavor, this cake is a real treat.
The recipe is easy to follow and the result is a moist and fluffy cake that is perfect on its own or with a dollop of whipped cream and fresh berries.
So, let’s get started and create a cake that will delight your taste buds and impress your guests!
How To Prepare Buttery Vanilla Cake Recipe?
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
Serving Size: 8
- Mixing Bowl
- 2 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 and 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk, at room temperature
Preparation Cook For Buttery Vanilla Cake Recipe:
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans, or line them with parchment paper.
Step 2: In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
Step 3: In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
Step 4: Gradually add in the dry ingredients, alternating with the milk, and mixing well after each addition. Be careful not to overmix the batter.
Step 5: Pour the batter into the prepared pans, and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean.
Step 6: Let the cakes cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then remove them from the pans and let them cool completely on a wire rack.
Step 7: Once the cakes have cooled, you can frost them as desired.
Enjoy your delicious Buttery Vanilla Cake!
Nutrition Facts Of Buttery Vanilla Cake Recipe
Amazing Serving Ideas
1. Use the buttery vanilla cake recipe to make cupcakes for a bridal shower or baby shower.
2. Make a birthday cake for someone who is turning 21 and legally requires drinking beer but doesn’t like beer.
3. If you are in a rush, you can buy store bought vanilla frosting instead of making it on your own, as directed above.
4. Vanilla cake with chocolate frosting tastes great when topped with sprinkles and nuts or berries which are soaked in alcohol until they become slightly soft
5. Combine the butter cake recipe with peanut butter frosting to make a chocolate peanut butter cupcake.
6. Make frosting by combining powdered sugar and vanilla extract, add it to the top of the cooled cake and sprinkle with candies or nuts for decoration.
7. Instead of vanilla frosting, you can use chocolate frosting for a chocolate cake, just like the one made with butterscotch pudding in a pop tart.
8. Add fruit to make the butterscotch cake recipe instead of vanilla frosting, and frost it with fruit and nuts.
What Flavour Goes Best With Vanilla Cake?
This buttery pale yellow cake goes best with vanilla flavoured frosting. This basic buttery cake recipe can be followed with other flavors in the frosting by using fruit and chocolate.
The more powerful flavors in the chocolate frosting will overpower the butterscotch taste of the cake.
How Do You Make A Vanilla Cake Moist?
You can make a moist cake with butterscotch pudding in a pop tart. Instead of adding milk to the dough, use butterscotch pudding.
This is optional, depending on how sweet you want your frosting and how moist you want the cake to be.
Is Oil Or Butter Better For Cakes?
Both can be used for making cakes, depending on what you like the most. Butter tends to make the cake dense, but if it is slightly whipped and airy, it can be used as a fluffy frosting.
When you whip butter, it will become light and fluffy rather than dense and heavy.
What Buttercream Goes Well With Vanilla Cake?
Your buttercream recipe may vary depending on the reason you are making it. You may add flavorings to the frosting, like coffee or almond extract.
Some special buttercream recipes are made for cupcakes.
These will not taste as good as regular vanilla cake recipes, but they may be cheaper and more convenient when you want to make a miniature cake in a hurry.
Is Low Sugar Buttery Vanilla Cake Recipe?
This is not a low-sugar buttery vanilla cake recipe because there is an added can of sweetened condensed milk.
You can try making this recipe with less flour to add extra moisture and make it less dense.
Can I Keep Freeze?
Yes, you can freeze it. If you are freezing a whole cake, then wrap it individually in plastic or aluminum foil.
You might want to remove some of the frostings from the top and place the frosting in a small bowl or container which is not airtight.
This will keep the frosting from getting too hard or stale before you serve it later.
This buttery vanilla cake recipe is delicious and attractive. The flour gives it a dense texture, which makes it suitable for frosting and decorating.
You can also try using more butterscotch pudding. Or custard instead of condensed milk to make the cake moist and tender.
This cake tastes delicious when topped with sprinkles or nut toppings.
You can also try adding fruit and nuts to the cake batter to make a butterscotch cake recipe.