Lemon dump cake recipes are a type of dessert that will leave you and your guests full of lemons’ sweet, tart flavor. It’s made from a simple batter consisting mostly of flour, sugar, eggs, and lemon zest.
The cake recipe is baked in the oven for about 40 minutes. The lemon dump cake is quite easy to make, and you can use any lemons you wish, such as the Meyer lemon or regular lemon.
You may also choose to add some vanilla extract to enhance the flavor. The only thing not so fun about this cake is waiting for it to cool,
which can take several hours in your home oven. Here’s an easy lemon dump cake recipe that will make waiting easier.
How To Prepare Lemon Dump Cake Recipes?
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Serving Size: 8 people
To whip up these luscious lemon dump cakes, you’ll need the following equipment:
- 9×13-inch baking dish
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Whisk or spoon for mixing
- Spatula for spreading the batter
Non-Stick 9 x 13-Inch Oblong Cake Pans
For the cake:
- 1 box (16.5 ounces) lemon cake mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) lemon pie filling
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
For the topping:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (for dusting)
- Fresh lemon zest (optional, for garnish)
Directions By Lemon Dump Cake Recipes:
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease the 9×13-inch baking dish and set it aside.
Step 2: In a mixing bowl, combine the lemon cake mix, lemon pie filling, and melted butter. Stir until well combined, ensuring there are no lumps.
Step 3: Pour the batter into the greased baking dish, spreading it evenly.
2 Piece Glass Measuring Cup Set
Step 4: Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for about 40-45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Step 5: Once baked, remove the cake from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
Step 6: Dust the top of the cake with powdered sugar for an extra touch of sweetness. If desired, sprinkle some fresh lemon zest over the cake to enhance the citrusy flavor and add a pop of color.
Nutrition Facts Of Lemon Dump Cake Recipes
|Total Fat||9.05 g|
|Saturated Fat||7.92 g|
Attractive 7 Serving Ideas
1. Bake the lemon dump cake recipe as part of a brunch feast and serve with fresh fruit, yogurt, or whipped cream sprinkled with lemon zest. You can also serve it as a dessert after dinner.
2. Lemon dump cake recipes can be topped with vanilla ice cream and fresh berries for a delicious summer treat.
3. This amazing lemon dump cake recipe is best served when made in the summertime and served on hot days. You can also serve it on a warm winter day.
4. Preparing lemon dump cake recipes is fun for children because they love watching the cake bake in the oven and then squirting lemon juice all over it as soon as it comes out.
They will enjoy eating the cake just as much when you serve it for dessert or breakfast.
Yankee Candle Sicilian Lemon Scented
5. You can even use this amazing lemon dump cake recipe as dessert for your next party or family gathering and serve it with coffee or tea.
6. Make use of your extra lemon dump cake by freezing it and serving it in slices when you need a quick dessert or snack in the future.
7. If you enjoy desserts made with lemons, you may also want to try this Lemon pound cake recipe that will surely be a crowd pleaser at your next party.
Can I Use Fresh Lemon Juice Instead Of Lemon Pie Filling?
While fresh lemon juice can be used, the lemon pie filling provides a thicker consistency and adds a burst of flavor.
However, you can substitute it with an equal amount of fresh lemon juice and add an additional thickening agent like cornstarch.
Can I Make This Recipe Gluten-Free?
Absolutely! Look for a gluten-free lemon cake mix and ensure that all your ingredients are gluten-free. Follow the instructions on the cake mix box and proceed with the recipe as usual.
Can You Reheat A Dump Cake?
Yes, you can reheat a dump cake, but the cake’s texture will be compromised. You may think about heating it in the microwave for about 15 seconds.
If you serve the dump cake for breakfast or tea, you may better reheat it in a saucepan.
Where Can I Get Lemon Dump Cakes Recipes?
You can get this lemon dump cake recipes from many sources, and even websites are dedicated to sharing this recipe.
You can also find some interesting variations and twists in this cake recipe.
What Is The Best Dump Cake Recipe?
Several recipes claim to be the best lemon dump cake recipes. Some of them use other lemons, such as Meyers, and others use a plain, regular lemon.
The recipe also varies in texture; some versions call for cornstarch, while others use flour and butter.
Can I Keep Freeze?
Yes, you can freeze Lemon Dump Cake Recipes for up to 2 months. Just make sure that after you defrost the cake, you reheat it for about 30 seconds in a microwave.
If you wish to keep it for even longer, place the frozen cake in a freezer-safe container and keep it in the freezer.
There you have it, my friends—refreshing lemon dump cake recipes that are simple to make and bursting with zesty goodness.
These delightful treats are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth while impressing your loved ones with their tangy flavor.
Whether you’re hosting a gathering or simply treating yourself, these lemon dump cakes will bring a ray of sunshine to any occasion.
So go ahead, grab your apron, and enjoy the lip-smacking journey of creating these lemony delights!