Lemon dump cake recipes are a type of dessert that will leave you and your guests full of lemons’ sweet, tart flavor. It’s made from a simple batter consisting mostly of flour, sugar, eggs, and lemon zest.
The cake recipe is baked in the oven for about 40 minutes. The lemon dump cake is quite easy to make, and you can use any lemons you wish, such as the Meyer lemon or regular lemon.
You may also choose to add some vanilla extract to enhance the flavor. The only thing not so fun about this cake is waiting for it to cool,
which can take several hours in your home oven. Here’s an easy lemon dump cake recipe that will make waiting easier.
How To Prepare Lemon Dump Cake Recipes?
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Serving Size: 8 people
- Stand Mixer,
- Parchment Paper,
- Cake Pan
Ingredients For Lemon Dump Cake Recipes:
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Zest (about 1 large lemon)
- 3 Large Eggs + 2 Egg Yolks at Room Temperature*
- 1/2 cup Whole Milk
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice [add more if you like it tart]
- 1 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- One cup of Freshly Whipped Cream and fresh lemon zest for garnish.
Directions By Lemon Dump Cake Recipes:
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius). Spray a 9-inch round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
Step 2: In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix well. Add in the lemon zest and stir to combine.
Step 3: In another large bowl, beat the eggs and egg yolks with a hand mixer until they turn pale in color and are fluffy.
Stir in milk, salt, and vanilla extract until combined. Pour this mixture over the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
Step 4: Pour cake batter into the prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Step 5: As soon as you remove the lemon, dump the cake from the oven, poke holes all over the surface with a fork, and squeeze the fresh lemon juice all over the cake.
Let it cool completely in the pan and set it on a wire rack covered with a tea towel (to prevent slipping).
Step 6: When it’s cool, cut the lemon dump cake into 8 slices and serve with whipped cream sprinkled with fresh lemon zest.
Nutrition Facts Of Lemon Dump Cake Recipes
|Total Fat||9.05 g|
|Saturated Fat||7.92 g|
7 Attractive Serving Ideas For Lemon Dump Cake Recipes
1. Bake the lemon dump cake recipe as part of a brunch feast and serve with fresh fruit, yogurt, or whipped cream sprinkled with lemon zest. You can also serve it as a dessert after dinner.
2. Lemon dump cake recipes can be topped with vanilla ice cream and fresh berries for a delicious summer treat.
3. This amazing lemon dump cake recipe is best served when made in the summertime and served on hot days. You can also serve it on a warm winter day.
4. Preparing lemon dump cake recipes is fun for children because they love watching the cake bake in the oven and then squirting lemon juice all over it as soon as it comes out.
They will enjoy eating the cake just as much when you serve it for dessert or breakfast.
5. You can even use this amazing lemon dump cake recipe as dessert for your next party or family gathering and serve it with coffee or tea.
6. Make use of your extra lemon dump cake by freezing it and serving it in slices when you need a quick dessert or snack in the future.
7. If you enjoy desserts made with lemons, you may also want to try this Lemon pound cake recipe that will surely be a crowd pleaser at your next party.
Why Is A Dump Cake Called A Lemon Dump Cake Recipes?
It’s named as such because it consists of a lemon flavor. The cake is made with a batter that is quite similar to a pound cake, and the resulting cake has a texture and taste similar to a pound cake.
Lemon dump cakes are relatively easy to make and can be served as dessert or breakfast on special occasions.
They’re also great for invalids with artificial sweeteners because the lemon juice counteracts the sweetness of sweeteners.
How Long Is Dump Cake Good For?
Lemon dump cake recipes are best eaten fresh. They can be frozen for up to 2 months but keep in mind that the quality of the cake will go down after freeze time.
Can You Reheat A Dump Cake?
Yes, you can reheat a dump cake, but the cake’s texture will be compromised. You may think about heating it in the microwave for about 15 seconds.
If you serve the dump cake for breakfast or tea, you may better reheat it in a saucepan.
Where Can I Get Lemon Dump Cakes Recipes?
You can get this lemon dump cake recipes from many sources, and even websites are dedicated to sharing this recipe. You can also find some interesting variations and twists in this cake recipe.
What Is The Best Dump Cake Recipe?
Several recipes claim to be the best lemon dump cake recipes. Some of them use other lemons, such as Meyers, and others use a plain, regular lemon.
The recipe also varies in texture; some versions call for cornstarch, while others use flour and butter.
Can I Keep Freeze?
Yes, you can freeze Lemon Dump Cake Recipes for up to 2 months. Just make sure that after you defrost the cake, you reheat it for about 30 seconds in a microwave.
If you wish to keep it for even longer, place the frozen cake in a freezer-safe container and keep it in the freezer.
If you love the taste of lemon and want to find a great-tasting dessert that is easy to make and economical, then Lemon dump cake recipes are perfect for you.
You may even find that the combination of lemon with sugar, flour, and butter is a simply delicious taste. Making a recipe for this treatment is an easy way to celebrate any occasion or relax.