Duncan Hines Honey Bun cake recipe is a yellow cake mix. It has an icing packet that includes flavoring, coloring, and sugar.
The only thing you’ll need to add to the mix is shortening which comes in the same packet. The cake was not only quick and easy to make.
But it also had an icing packet that baked right along with it. It looked like a golden dome with a rich vanilla flavor everyone enjoyed.
This will be a fun, simple, and easy cake where you don’t need a mixer to assist you or even butter in getting it right.
Since that time, it has been a no-fail dessert. It is a dense, moist, and flavorful cake that is still enjoyed by the public today.
How To Prepare Duncan Hines Honey Bun Cake Recipe?
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Serving Size: 10 servings
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
How To Make:
Step 1: Prepare and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottom of 9×13-inch pan.
Step 2: Prepare cake mix according to package directions, with cinnamon. Pour into prepared pan.
Step 3: Bake 25-30 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and place on cooling rack. Cool completely.
Step 4: In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine sour cream, eggs, sugar, oil, vanilla and confectioners’ sugar. Beat on low speed until well blended and then increase to high speed until light and fluffy – about 2-3 minutes.
Step 5: Pour over cooled cake and spread evenly.
Step 6: Bake 10-20 minutes more, until topping is set. Remove from oven and cool completely.
|Saturated Fat||2.3 gm|
How To Store?
Duncan Hines is a low-fat milk cake mix that won’t last as long as a regular Duncan Hines cake. You should store Duncan Hines Honey bun cake recipe in the refrigerator for use within 2 months of opening the box.
How To Freeze Duncan Hines Honey Bun Cake Recipe?
1. Duncan Hines should be frozen in an airtight storage container.
2. Put the cake mix in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours before you plan to use it since it is already prepared.
3. Take out the mix from the refrigerator and let it sit for 20 minutes to allow it to room temperature before baking.
4. Preheat your oven before putting your Duncan Hines into the oven for baking.
5. Freeze Duncan Hines according to the freezing instructions on the package.
6. When your Duncan Hines has frozen, put it in a plastic bag and store it in the freezer until you are ready to bake.
How To Make With More Delicious?
1. Add some mini chocolate chips on top of your Duncan Hines bun cake recipe while it is still warm.
2. Adding nuts to the mix will help you add flavor and give you a lot of healthy fats that are good for you.
3. You can use dried fruit instead of chocolate chips to give your cake an extra sugar boost if you want something sweeter. 4. You can add some powdered sugar to your cake for a touch of sweetness.
5. Using cinnamon and cloves to season your Duncan Hines will give you a stronger flavor and help you enjoy the taste more.
6. You can use lemon juice instead of the sour cream in this mix to give it added flavor that is also healthy for you.
Duncan Hines bun cake recipe Mix is a low-fat milk cake mix that contains egg whites, canola oil, and eggs.
The eggs are used for flavor and to raise the protein levels in the mix therefore, it’s not the same as a traditional Duncan Hines cake.
This is a rich and moist cake that will leave you feeling satisfied for many hours. You won’t be disappointed!