The Chai cake recipe is a moist, dense, and delicious cake flavored with chai tea and vanilla extract.
It is a perfect combination of creamy and crunchy, spongy and aromatic. The cake’s sponginess originates from the combination of whites.
Wheat flour with baking powder and baking soda, while the vanilla flavor consists of licorice extract.
Variations of chai cake include those without chai tea or vanilla extract and those prepared for specific occasions such as weddings or festivals.
Prepare this recipe for your next family brunch; everyone will rave about how amazing it tastes!
How To Prepare Chai Cake Recipe?
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Serving Size: 12
- 8″ round cake tin,
- cake stand,
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons strong brewed black tea or chai tea
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
For the Chai Spice Frosting:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan or line it with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, cloves, and nutmeg.
3. Add the softened butter to the dry ingredients and mix until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, vanilla extract, brewed tea, and yogurt.
5. Gradually pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients while stirring, until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
9. While the cake is cooling, prepare the Chai Spice Frosting. In a mixing bowl, beat the softened butter until creamy. Gradually add the powdered sugar, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, cloves, and nutmeg. Beat until smooth and well combined.
10. Once the cake has cooled completely, spread the Chai Spice Frosting over the top and sides of the cake.
11. Slice and serve the Chai Cake, and enjoy!
Optional: Garnish the cake with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon or a dusting of powdered sugar.
This Chai Cake is perfect for tea lovers or anyone who enjoys the warm, cozy flavors of chai spices.
Nutrition Facts Of Chai Cake Recipe
How To Freeze Chai Cake Recipe?
1. Mix the flour, egg, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add the milk and stir to combine. It is important not to over mix the batter.
3. Preheat an oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6 and grease a 20 cm/8″ round cake tin with butter or oil. Pour the chai cake batter into the tin and bake for 35 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted inside.
4. Allow to cool in the tin and then refrigerate for up to one week.
5. To defrost, cover in foil and leave in the fridge for 1–2 hours.
6. When ready, slice and serve slightly warm or cold with a dollop of cream or ice cream – an absolute treat!
What Are The Substitutes For Chai Cake Recipe?
You can easily replace the chai cake recipe with any eggless pancakes, muffins, or cakes. Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl to make an easy pancake.
Add enough milk to get a batter that can be easily used by hand. Add some flour if it is too thick and whisk thoroughly. Enjoy!
Enjoy this recipe by serving it warm with your family and friends, or you can have it cold. It is a yummy treat for all.
You can also make a chocolate version of this cake by adding chocolate chips to the batter. The chai cake recipe can be altered to suit your taste and needs.