A delicious lemon cake with strawberries recipe is perfect for spring or summer. The cake is fluffy and has a light, lemony flavor.
It is not too sweet but has a nice tartness that balances the sweetness. The cake is topped with sweet and tangy cream cheese icing.
You can make the icing without the lemon zest, but I think it tastes better with it. You can use strawberries with a few seeds or those with no seeds at all.
I think the cake tastes best when it has a few seeds in the strawberries. The cake does not require many ingredients so you can make it at the last minute.
How To Prepare Lemon Cake With Strawberries Recipe?
Serving Size: 16 slices
- Double Boiler
- Baking Pan,
- Wooden Spoon,
For the Cake:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
For the Strawberry Topping:
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
How To Make:
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9-inch cake pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat the softened butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Stir in the vanilla extract.
6. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, alternating with the buttermilk, and mix until just combined.
7. Stir in the lemon zest and lemon juice.
8. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
9. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
10. Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan and transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
For the Strawberry Topping:
1. In a medium bowl, combine the sliced strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice. Stir gently to combine.
2. Let the strawberries sit for at least 15 minutes to release their juices.
3. Spoon the strawberry mixture over the cooled cake.
Serve the Lemon Cake with Strawberries and enjoy its bright, fruity flavor!Top of Form
Can You Use Lemon Juice Instead Of Lemon Zest In A Cake?
No, you cannot substitute lemon juice for lemon zest in a recipe. Lemon juice is made up of nearly 100% water and citric acid, while the skin of a lemon has nearly 100% cellulose (fiber) and very little moisture.
The fiber of the skin gives the lemon its texture. Substituting one for the other will add an unpleasant texture to your baked goods.
Is It Goes Lemon Cake With Strawberries Recipe With Cream Cheese Frosting?
Yes, the lemon cake with strawberries recipe goes well with cream cheese frosting. You can use the Lemon cake with strawberries recipe as a base and add your favorite frosting.
Can I Use Lemon Cake With Strawberries Recipe As A Filling For My Fruit Tarts?
You can use the lemon cake with strawberries recipe to fill your fruit tarts. You can even decorate them with strawberries.
Depending upon the tart you are baking, you can add your favorite fruit to the filling.
Can You Make Lemon Cake With Strawberries Recipe In Muffin Cups?
You can make a lemon cake with strawberries recipe in muffin cups. You can bake them into these mini cupcake-sized cups and then freeze them.
They will stay fresh for a week or more until they are frozen. When you want to use them, thaw them out and refreeze them.
The lemon cake with strawberries recipe is a delicious addition to any meal. This dish comprises two perfect desserts of lemon and strawberries that are loved even by kids.
This recipe goes well with cream cheese frosting and can be decorated any way you like. In addition, this delicious recipe is very easy to make, and you can easily prepare it at home.
This recipe goes well with tea or coffee and for vegetarians. It is an ideal dessert for parties or gatherings and would be loved by all.