Caribbean pumpkin cake is the perfect treat for any occasion. The Caribbean pumpkin cake recipe is just one of many Caribbean dessert recipes.
Pumpkin cake and other pumpkin dishes are popular in the Caribbean because pumpkins grow well in the region.
How To Prepare Caribbean Pumpkin Cake Recipe?
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Serving Size: 12-18 pieces
- measuring cups
- large mixing bowl
For The Cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. of baking powder
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup of the unsweetened applesauce
- Half cup of vegetable oil
- Half tsp. of salt
- Two tsp. baking soda
- Two tsp. vanilla extract
- Two tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. of ground cloves
- One can (15 ounces) of pumpkin puree
- 1/8 tsp. of nutmeg
For The Frosting
- 1 cup unsalted butter (1 stick) room temperature
- Eight-ounce cream cheese softened
- 1/8 tsp. of salt
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream optional
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups of the powdered sugar
How To Make:
Step 1: Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
Step 2: In a separate large bowl add the eggs, applesauce and oil; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for two minutes.
Step 3: Add the pumpkin puree to the mixture, stir to combine and then blend in the dry ingredients until just moist.
Step 4: Beat for one more minute at medium speed and then remove about 1/2 of cake batter to another bowl.
Step 5: Stir in the cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves to the remaining batter that is left in the large bowl.
Step 6: Pour the batter into an oiled and floured 9-inch round cake pan.
Step 7: Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Step 8: Turn the oven off and let the cake cool completely in it’s tin before removing from it.
Step 1: Beat butter in a large bowl with electric mixer on medium-low speed for two minutes or until smooth and creamy consistency.
Step 2: Add cream cheese, salt and vanilla; beat on medium speed until combined.
Step 3: Add the powdered sugar, beating on medium speed until combined.
Step 4: Add heavy cream, beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
Step 5: Place the cooled cake on a cake plate, spreading frosting evenly all over.
Step 6: Top with whipped cream and then add additional topping if desired. Enjoy!
Nutrition Value Of Caribbean Pumpkin Cake Recipe
|Total Fat||23.7 g|
|Saturated Fat||5.2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2.3 g|
Top 7 Variations Of Caribbean Pumpkin Cake Recipe
1. Using A Copper Pot:
Copper pots are ideal for preparing Caribbean pumpkin cake. Copper heats up quickly, distributes heat evenly, and can retain temperature for a long time.
2. Using Vegetable Oil:
Vegetable oil like sunflower or safflower oil can be used in place of the vegetable oil in a Caribbean pumpkin cake recipe, but use only a little bit because they are much stronger than the vegetable oil you are accustomed to.
3. Using Raisins:
Even though raisins are not a traditional ingredient, they can be used in place of the pumpkin puree in the Caribbean pumpkin cake recipe to add flavor and texture.
4. Using Dark Or Light Corn Syrup:
To see if Caribbean pumpkin cake and other recipes are properly prepared, check the amount of corn syrup (or molasses) in the recipe. When it burns and turns black, it is burnt and not good to use in cooking.
5. Using Various Types Of Flour:
Wheat flour, all-purpose flour, rye flour, buckwheat flour, or even almond flour can be used instead of the white or whole wheat flour for the Caribbean pumpkin cake recipe.
6. Using Water For Corn Starch:
When adding corn starch to the Caribbean pumpkin cake recipe, always use water instead of milk, as milk will thicken the Caribbean pumpkin cake recipe too much, make it greasy, and ruin your beautiful cake.
7. Using Eggs:
Eggs can be prepared in different ways, boiled, fried, or scrambled, and then added to the mixture before baking the Caribbean pumpkin cake recipe.
Is It Ok For Breast Cancer Patients?
The Caribbean pumpkin cake recipe is low in fat and has no cholesterol, making it a great choice for breast cancer patients.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
The Caribbean pumpkin cake recipe can be prepared within 15 minutes from when you get up in the morning. If you find it a bit difficult to follow the instructions in this recipe, don’t worry. It is easy to prepare as long as you have all the ingredients ready in your kitchen.
How To Freeze Caribbean Pumpkin Cake Recipe?
1. Ensure you have frozen the pumpkin puree completely before putting it into your freezer.
2. After the cake has cooled completely, wrap it in foil, put it in a ziplock bag, and freeze.
3. Defrost in the refrigerator overnight. While defrosting, wipe the Caribbean pumpkin cake recipe with a damp sponge to remove excess frost and dry it with a cloth.
4. A day before you need to serve the cake, dust the cake with powdered sugar and spread whipped cream on top before serving.
5. You can also freeze the Caribbean pumpkin cake recipe without wrapping it in foil or zipping it in a freezer bag if you want to better preserve its original taste and texture. However, it may become soggy when heated.
6. If you want to prepare a large amount of Caribbean pumpkin cake recipe, store the cake in its pan and transfer it to a freezer bag after completely cooling down
Then pop it into the freezer, and it will be thawed out within a day or two.
Caribbean Pumpkin Cake Recipe is not only delicious but also fantastic to make at home if you have the right ingredients and follow the directions correctly.
You can make it easily at home in your kitchen. You can also freeze it to enjoy it at a later date.
Not many cakes have a great combination of flavors as the Caribbean pumpkin cake recipe. Let it warm up your home with that wonderful smell.
Take the guesswork out of what to make for dessert and bring something special to your family or friends’ gathering with this recipe.