Martha Stewart vanilla cake recipe is among America’s most famous and loved. It is a simple, classic cake that no baker should be without. This recipe makes for a moist and tender vanilla cake with perfect sweetness.
The most recent attempt to create an even better homemade version of this delicious treat involves using shortening instead of butter for better texture and replacing some items from the list to make it more healthy.
How To Prepare Vanilla Cake Recipe Martha Stewart?
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Serving Size: 12
- 9-inch round cake pan,
- 8-inch-round nonstick skillet,
- 9-inch cake pan,
- 8-cup nonstick egg beater
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 cups sugar, divided into 3/4 cup and 1/4 cup
- 2 large eggs, room temperature and lightly beaten with a fork
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease 2 round cake pans, 8-inch round nonstick skillet, and a 9-inch cake pan.
Step 2: In a food processor, add 1/4 cup of sugar and process until it is light and fluffy. Next, add butter and vanilla extract to the blender and blend until creamy.
Step 3: In a large bowl, whisk together flour, 1/2 cup of sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, then stir until combined. Add water and buttermilk, then go until smooth.
Step 4: Divide the mixture between two bowls. Add 3 tablespoons of flour in one bowl, then mix until well combined.
Add this batter to one of the cake pans and pour the other plain batter into the other cake pan. Mix well until no trace of flour is left in the batter.
Step 5: Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Rotating the pans after 20 minutes of baking time. Allow it to cool for 5 minutes in the pan before removing the cakes and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
Step 6: Cut the cake into 2 layers. Frost one layer with white frosting, then add the second layer on top, then frost white frosting on the sides of the cake.
- Calories: 300
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 115mg
- Saturated Fat: 17g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 110mg
- Potassium: 165mg
- Carbs: 51g
- Fiber: 0g
Why Called Martha Stewart?
The name Martha Stewart came from the fact that Martha was so fond of baking and decorating cakes.
She has been making these cakes since 1988, which were meant to surprise her daughter. In one of her books, the name Martha Stewart turned into a brand.
What Makes A Cake Moist And Fluffy?
The main ingredients are buttermilk and eggs, which make this cake as moist and fluffy as possible. It is also one of the best protein sources in a person’s diet.
The eggs used to make this cake becomes much denser when combined with flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and vanilla.
What Are The 7 Rules For Baking Perfect Cake?
1. These rules were mentioned in the book, “A Simple Guide to Baking,” which is a collection of tips and tricks that can be used to prevent baking disasters.
2. Do not over-mix the ingredients, or else you will end up with a tough cake; do not underdo it, either, as it will result in a flat layer of cake.
3. Do not let the mixture cool completely before adding the second ingredient just so that you can mix them well when they are still warm and get even better results when baking.
4. The book states that it should be cold before baking.
5. Ensure that the oven is always clean and well heated before you put the cake inside; hot ovens can lead to uneven cooking results.
6. Don’t wait too long to put the cake in the oven as it will dry out; you will end up with a flatter layer of cake in addition to cracks on top which will make your cake look ugly when served to people.
7. The oven temperature should be 375 degrees F; if it is not warm enough, put the oven on for a couple of extra minutes before baking.
What Enhances The Flavor Of Vanilla?
This flavor is one of the most popular flavors and is used in making cakes, cookies, ice creams, and many other desserts.
What Makes A Cake Look Professional?
A professional-looking cake should be baked in a good quality pan which ensures that the layers of cake will be even.
This can be done by pouring a little oil on the bottom of the pan or using nonstick pans.
As seen above, the vanilla cake recipe by Martha Stewart is a delicious and simple recipe for people who love baking. It has a rich texture and soft taste that no one could resist.
This makes it one of the best cakes on the market as there are many other kinds of cakes that are more expensive and,
in some cases, difficult to make; people would always opt for this type of cake which is available at any time of the day or night.