Vanilla is not the only flavor that can be used in this recipe you may also use lemon juice instead of vanilla extract to create lemon butter cake.
How To Prepare Vanilla Butter Cake Recipe?
Preparation Time: 45 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Serves: 12 Servings
- Mixing Bowls
- Measuring Cups
- Baking Pan (9×13)
Ingredients For Vanilla Butter Cake Recipe:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk
How To Make
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and flour a 9-inch cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat well after each addition.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk, until everything is well combined and a smooth batter forms.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove the cake from the pan and place it on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the cake is cooled, you can frost it as desired or serve it plain.
Nutrition Facts Of Vanilla Butter Cake Recipe
What Is The Difference Between A Butter Cake And A Vanilla Cake?
A butter cake is a dense, rich, moist cake with an extra amount of fat and egg yolk. It’s also often referred to as a pound cake.
On the other hand, a vanilla cake is made with only egg whites, sugar, and vanilla extract. Both of these cakes are usually crumbly than their counterparts.
Is This Cake the Healthiest?
It is hard to say which is the healthiest cake, but this one is one of the healthier ones. This cake is made with no dairy products or eggs, making it a safe choice for those who are lactose intolerant or allergic to eggs.
What Cakes Are Trending?
There are many variations of this recipe. Using the same base recipe, you may make a coffee butter cake or a chocolate butter cake.
I have also seen people substitute 1 cup of sugar with brown sugar, 2 teaspoons of baking powder with baking soda, and substituting 1 cup of flour with oatmeal.
Sometimes, you may substitute vanilla for lemon juice instead of vanilla extract to make a lemon cake.
What Makes A Cake Moist And Fluffy?
To have a moist cake, add more fat or oil. All of the ingredients used in this recipe are very good fats which can therefore create a very moist cake.
Butter and shortening combined with egg yolks and whites make it light and fluffy.
How To Store Vanilla Butter Cake Recipe?
You can store this cake in the refrigerator for about 3 days. Freezing is also an option, but the texture may be slightly different.
This is a healthy way to start the day. This vanilla butter cake recipe can be served as a snack with tea or coffee and an afternoon tea.
Place it on your table with fresh fruit and yogurt, which will be perfect for breakfast or brunch. The cake is also great for appetizers or desserts at dinner parties.