Toojay’s Banana Dream Cake is a famous dessert served at Toojay’s Deli, a popular restaurant chain in Florida, USA.
This cake is made with layers of moist banana cake, banana cream filling, whipped cream, and sliced bananas. The cake is then topped with whipped cream and fresh bananas.
How To Make?
Serving Size: 12 slices of cake
- Measuring cups
- Mixing Bowls
- Electric Mixer
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 package banana pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tub whipped topping (8 oz)
- Additional chopped pecans for garnish
How To make?
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Grease and flour a 9×13 inch baking pan.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, milk, eggs, and vegetable oil. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.
4. Stir in the mashed bananas and chopped pecans.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
7. Cool the cake completely.
8. Spread the whipped topping over the cooled cake.
9. Sprinkle additional chopped pecans over the top for garnish.
10. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts Of Toojays Banana Dream Cake Recipe
How Long Will This Cake Last?
Toojays Banana Dream Cake will last 3-4 days stored at room temperature. If you’re looking for an alternative, Toojays Reduced Sugar Banana Cake will stay fresh up to 4 days when refrigerated and stored properly.
Can I Use A Different Type Of Butter?
Yes, you can use a different type of butter or oil. Really, anything will work, as long as it’s vegan in nature. If you’re worried about the color of your cake, do not use food coloring!
Can I Use A Different Type Of Vanilla Extract?
Yes, you can use a different type of vanilla extract. The flavor will slightly change, but it’s still delicious!
Can I Make This Cake Dairy-Free?
Yes, you can. Just be sure to use vegan butter & soy-free melted chocolate (or make the frozen version of this cake).
Can I Make This Cake Egg-Free?
Yes, you can. If you’re allergic to eggs, we have a recipe for eggless cupcakes here .
Can I Use Gluten-Free Flour?
Yes, you can. Please note that it will add a few minutes of baking time to your recipe. We recommend using our all-purpose GF flour or other gluten-free flour blend.
Is It Safe For Heart Patients?
Toojays banana dream cake recipe can be useful for people with high blood pressure. Like any other food — you should eat what is good for your body, not just because a doctor tells you to.
Can Toojays Banana Dream Cake Be Frozen?
Toojays banana dream cake recipe is perfectly fine to freeze, just like any other piece of cake or bread.
If your bananas are not ideal for freezing and you want to freeze them anyway, ensure they are ripe and not overripe before freezing.
How To Make More Delicious?
1. Adding one teaspoon of vanilla extract will give that extra flavor to the cake.
2. Including a few pieces of chocolate or nuts can make it even more delicious, but do not forget to remove them before serving the cake.
3. This dessert can be served frozen too and is a great choice during hot summer days when you don’t feel like eating anything warm.
4. Add 1/2 cup of milk to fudge and blend for a few seconds. Use milk instead of water in the cake and cook for one more minute.
5. You can serve this delicious dessert with topping such as fresh cream, ice cream, or crumbled graham crackers.
How To Freeze Toojays Banana Dream Cake Recipe?
1. Freeze the banana cake when it has just cooled but not completely.
2. Place it in an airtight aluminum foil bag and avoid damaging the surface of the cake with a fork or something similar.
3. The wonderful flavor will remain after you thaw the cake without losing its texture and appearance.
4. You can freeze this dessert for up to three months before serving again or eating it in parts, depending on how many people are coming for dinner.
5. Frozen toojays banana dream cake recipe can be thawed overnight in the refrigerator or at room temperature.
6. You can also have it cooked from frozen before serving. Just add 1/2 cup of water to the recipe and cook for 25–30 minutes until you get a perfect consistency for a serving of banana cake.
Bananas are the key ingredient in all of these cake recipes. They are easy to cook with, extremely affordable, and taste great.
Kids and adults love how easy it is to make toojays banana dream cake recipe and its excellent flavor, which is also very difficult to find in one recipe.