This paleo vanilla cake recipe offers a sugar-free and gluten-free alternative to your favorite dessert.
Not only is it good for you, but this recipe will leave your house smelling as if you were baking a cake.
If you love baking with all-natural ingredients, this recipe is perfect. We’ve substituted granulated sugar with honey
and butter with coconut oil to give our cake sweetness and that rich flavor.
This paleo vanilla cake recipe also shares tips on how to prep the ingredients beforehand, so the process goes seamlessly.
How To Prepare Paleo Vanilla Cake Recipe?
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or other non-dairy milk
- Coconut cream or coconut milk, for frosting (optional)
- Fresh berries, for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease two 8-inch round cake pans and line the bottoms with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt until well combined.
3. In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, and almond milk until smooth.
4. Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing until a smooth batter forms. Let the batter sit for a few minutes to allow the coconut flour to absorb the liquid.
5. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared cake pans and smooth the tops with a spatula.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean.
7. Remove the cakes from the oven and let them cool in the pans for 10 minutes. Then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
8. Once the cakes have cooled, you can frost them with coconut cream or coconut milk if desired. You can also decorate the top with fresh berries for a pop of color.
9. Slice and serve the Paleo Vanilla Cake.
Note: If you choose to use coconut cream or coconut milk as frosting, refrigerate the cans overnight and scoop out the solidified cream, leaving the liquid behind. Whip the cream with a mixer until fluffy and use it as frosting for the cake.
Who Should Not Eat Paleo?
The paleo diet excludes sugar, grains, and dairy products. The paleo diet should not be followed by people who are allergic or intolerant to these ingredients.
Paleo desserts are usually sweetened with honey. If you are allergic to honey, then you should avoid these desserts.
If you have a medical condition such as diabetes or high blood pressure, then it is recommended that you consult with your doctor first before starting the paleo diet.
Is Coconut Flour Considered Paleo?
Coconut flour is made from dried coconut meat. Making coconut flour usually involves drying and grinding the fresh fruit, which helps to create a different type of flour that easily and quickly absorbs liquid in baking.
Coconut flour may not be paleo due to the lack of nutrients present in it.
How To Serve?
1. You can bake paleo vanilla cake in a round shape tin or a loaf pan.
2. Much like any other type of cake, you can slice the cake with a knife and serve it with cream or ice cream or enjoy it on its own.
3. You can also play around with the ingredients to create different flavors.
This paleo vanilla cake recipe is a healthy alternative to your cupcake. It has a great texture because the almond flour is mixed well with the eggs and honey.
However, you must ensure that the ingredients are adequately mixed for them to come out well.
You can enjoy your favorite treats by simply replacing the ingredients of your favorite cupcake recipe with this one.