The Mango sponge cake recipe is a sponge cake that is made with mango puree and tastes very much like the fruit. The idea behind the name of this cake truly makes it something special.
This mango sponge cake recipe is perfect for a crowd. The recipe yields 8-10 servings to make it for a small group or large gathering.
To prepare the cake batter, you’ll need all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, eggs, and vanilla extract.
Then mix the mango puree and butter and bake for about one hour in an oven preheated to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Garnish the cake with fresh mango slices, if desired. The cake will be moist and tender, as you could expect from a mango sponge cake.
How To Prepare Mango Sponge Cake Recipe?
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- A large bowl,
- hand mixer,
- glass bowl,
- wooden spoon,
- teaspoon measuring spoon,
- 8×8 inch baking pan.
Ingredients For Mango Sponge Cake Recipe:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- One teaspoon of baking powder
- Three large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, store-bought or homemade
- One mango, pureed with a hand blender or food processor (about 1 cup puree)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
- Two small mangoes, sliced thin (optional)
- One teaspoon of fresh lime zest
Preparation The Steps To Mango Sponge Cake Recipe:
Step 1: Preheat the Oven. Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease an 8×8 inch baking pan and line it with parchment paper.
Step 2: Combine Dry Ingredients. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt; whisk well to break up any lumps. Set aside.
Step 3: Beat the eggs. In a large bowl, cream the butter, vanilla, and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
Add one egg at a time and beat until blended before adding the next egg. Scrape down the sides of the bowl several times during mixing.
Step 4: Mix in the mangoes. Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon until combined well. Fold in 1/2 cup mango puree at this point.
Step 5: Add the remaining dry ingredients to the batter. Fold in the rest of the dry ingredients until just combined. Spoon into prepared pan and smooth top.
Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes clean.
Step 6: Remove the cake from the pan. Allow cooling completely before frosting and serving for at least one hour.
Nutrition Facts Of Mango Sponge Cake Recipe
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||27 g|
9 Amazing Serving Ideas For Mango Sponge Cake Recipe
1. To make it look more unique and fancy, garnish the cake with fresh mango slices.
2. You can also serve this homemade mango sponge cake recipe with ice cream or whipped cream.
3. A spoonful of mango ice cream or vanilla ice cream with a drizzle of raspberry sauce on top is another idea for serving this mango sponge cake recipe.
4. As a healthy alternative to frosting, try pureed cooked cauliflower with butter instead of whipped cream, ice cream, or chocolate syrup.
5. You could also top this mango sponge cake recipe with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
6. Sprinkle some powdered sugar on it as well.
7. You can also serve this mango sponge cake recipe with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream on the side and add red cherries to make it look more festive.
8. You could add chocolate sauce and sprinkle some chocolate chips.
9. However, if you are not in the mood to make this mango sponge cake, you can use store-bought premade mango puree, which tastes much like the homemade one.
What Is A Mango Cloud Cake?
This mango sponge cake is similar to a mango cloud cake. It’s a mango-flavored spongy cake often garnished with crisp golden pineapple slices used as clouds.
This recipe can also be used to prepare the mango cloud cake.
How Do You Cut A Mango For A Cake?
This mango sponge cake recipe has a more mango-flavored spongy cake than the usual one. For best results, you can use a ripe, firm, and sweet mango or a flavorless, half-peeled fruit that is canned in its juice to avoid adding any extra acid.
Why Is It Called Chimney Cake?
Like the chimney cake (also called Hungarian cake or csinibaba) from Budapest, this recipe is viral in Taiwan.
While exploring how to make mango sponge cake for the first time, getting the right texture and taste might be tricky.
But once you have mastered it, you can make this mango sponge cake recipe whenever possible.
What Is The Difference Between Chiffon Cake And Sponge Cake?
Chiffon cakes are made with a batter that is still very liquid when it has finished baking, as a sponge cake is.
Chiffon cakes usually have a soft, spongy center, while sponge cakes have a relatively sturdy and crunchy center.
Chiffon and sponge cakes can be made with whipped egg whites, although some recipes include beaten egg yolks.
What Is A Secret Ingredient To Moisten Cakes?
One of the secrets to moistening sponge cakes is using a fruit puree, like mangos and banana, or just a combination of the puree.
Another secret is to use baking powder in the recipe. To ensure your cake is well-risen and moisturized, sprinkle some cocoa on it while it is baked before frosting it.
How Do I Make My Sponge Light And Fluffy?
The secret to making your sponge light and fluffy is to use a clean bowl and brush all the batter out before adding the eggs. Another secret is to beat the egg whites until stiff, about stiff, shiny peaks.
How Can I Make My Cake Rise Higher?
One of the secrets of raising your cake is adding a bit of baking powder to the batter. You could also make your batter a little bit stiffer than usual.
How Do I Keep My Cake From Cracking?
One secret to keeping your cake from cracking is to use a clean bowl and wash it well. Plus, eliminate all the bubbles when mixing ingredients or beating egg whites or other components in the batter.
If you want it to rise even more, bake it at 350 F instead of 375 F.
Mangoes are delicious, and they are so versatile. You can make this mango sponge cake recipe with various flavors and toppings.
They are not only tasty but also beautiful! You will be happy to serve this mango sponge cake recipe to your guests.
If you enjoyed reading this post.