This Grit Cake Recipe is a simple recipe that’s perfect for any occasion. The cake is moist and delightfully thick with a gooey brown sugar caramel sauce.
The recipe for the best cakes usually start with ingredients like eggs, butter, sugar or oil that are high in fat and carbs.
These rich ingredients will make your cakes moist but they will make them tasteless as well.
How To Prepare Grit Cake Recipe?
Serving Size: 8
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup yellow grits
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
Directions Step By Step:
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water and milk to a boil. Gradually whisk in the grits, salt, and black pepper.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the grits are thick and creamy.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the grated Parmesan cheese and butter until melted and well combined.
- Spread the grits onto a greased baking sheet, about 1/2 inch thick. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until the grits are firm.
- Once the grits are chilled and firm, cut them into desired shapes, such as rounds or squares.
- Coat each grit cake in flour, shaking off any excess.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Fry the grit cakes in the hot oil for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Transfer the grit cakes to a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess oil.
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce or topping.
This recipe is easy to make and produces delicious and crispy grit cakes that are perfect as a side dish or appetizer. Enjoy the taste of the South with this recipe!
Nutritional Value Of Grit Cake Recipe
What Kind Of Cake Is It?
A cake that’s packed with texture and flavor! It’s the perfect addition to any breakfast or brunch celebration. It’ll be light in your stomach while it satisfies your inner sweet tooth.
How To Serving Of Grit Cake Recipe?
1. Cut the cake into rectangular slices and serve.
2. Cut triangles from the cake to serve as a garnish for your dessert.
3. Use sugar glaze to drizzle over the top of your cake before serving and sprinkle with cinnamon.
4. Serve grit cake in a bowl with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side.
5. Serve grit cake with warm milk for your child’s tea or coffee.
Grit cake is a delicious way to reward yourself every day. It’s also a more economical and less messy alternative to the cake you put under your head during times of extreme stress, guilt, or sadness.