The atomic cake recipe is a cake made with the much beloved chemical elements hydrogen and oxygen.
It was invented by American chemist Harold “Doc” Edgerton, who, after giving up his chocolate cake experiments due to lack of facilities, had to give up his chocolate cake experiments.
This is the texture of an atomic cake that has special features. You may not ensure that your atoms are distributed homogeneously throughout your cake unless you follow the instructions.
How To Prepare Atomic Cake Recipe?
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Serving Size: 4
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
For the frosting:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How To Make A Cake Step By Step?
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and flour a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder.
- Add in the oil, buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- Slowly pour in the boiling water, mixing until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool completely in the pan.
- While the cake is cooling, prepare the frosting. In a medium mixing bowl, beat the butter until creamy. Add in the cocoa powder and mix until well combined.
- Gradually add in the powdered sugar, alternating with the milk, until the frosting is smooth and creamy. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Once the cake has cooled, spread the frosting over the top of the cake.
- Serve and enjoy your delicious Atomic Cake!
Note: You can also add some chopped nuts or mini chocolate chips to the frosting for added texture and flavor.
What Flavor Is Atomic Cake?
Atomic Cake is a chocolate cake that typically has a rich, dense texture and is frosted with a creamy chocolate frosting.
Some variations of the recipe may include additional ingredients, such as nuts or other flavorings, but the primary flavor is chocolate.
The name “Atomic Cake” may be a nod to the cake’s explosive chocolate flavor or its impressive appearance, which can be quite striking when sliced and served.
Can You Eat Atomic Cake Recipe Every Day?
Yes, you can eat the atomic cake recipe every day. However, it would help if you were careful about what you eat and not overdo it.
Remember, the calories and sugar in the cake are too much. So, to avoid regular consumption of calories, you can eat cake only once a week.
How To Freeze?
1. For the best taste, you can use your homemade recipe.
2. Before freezing, wrap the cake in aluminum foil.
3. If you’re planning to freeze it, you can also wrap the cake in shrink wrap first to prevent it from getting soggy or sticky.
How To Serve?
1. Serve with ice cream or fresh fruit and nuts.
2. You can serve it in individual parts or as a dessert (with nonfat yogurt).
3. You can also pack it in sandwiches or wraps.
4. If you want to get the most out of the atomic cake recipe, use skims milk instead of whole milk and low fat fruits like apples or bananas.
The atomic cake recipe is a delicious and healthy cake made of flour, sugar, and eggs. It is a good source of carbohydrates.
In addition, the atomic cake recipe contains many nutrients that are good for health and helps in weight loss.
This recipe can be enjoyed daily and does not need to be restricted. Atomic cake has low calories, but you must use it in moderation. You can eat cake at any time of the day in small amounts or as a dessert.
In addition, you may want to pack the cake in sandwiches and wraps so that they are easy to transport and save you some time.
Cool ideas for atomic cake include making it into ice cream or baking it into muffins.