The vanilla cinnamon cake is a very popular cake recipe. It is very easy to make and delicious. This recipe has the essence of vanilla, which makes it taste divine, and with that, you get a nice balance of cinnamon for a dessert that will combine both flavors perfectly.
In this article, you will learn how to make a vanilla cinnamon cake from scratch and decorate it with frosting. This cake serves a hundred and is perfect for parties.
The recipe calls for a simple cake mix, which you can easily make at home with the best cakes.
How To Prepare Vanilla Cinnamon Cake Recipe?
Preparation Time: 60 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
Serving Size: 14 slices
- 7-inch baking pan,
- food processor,
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter(softened)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder
- 1 2/3 cups of buttermilk(room temperature)
- 1 medium egg (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup of water
Step 1: In the food processor, add flour and cinnamon in a bowl, and pulse until the mixture looks like powder.
Step 2: Place sugar, butter, and vanilla extract in the food processor. Process until well combined.
Step 3: Gradually add flour and cinnamon powder to the sugar mixture in the food processor. Process until well combined.
Step 4: Add egg, buttermilk, and water in a bowl and whisk. Add to the flour mixture and combine using a spatula. Do not mix too much to get a smooth batter that will not break when you transfer the batter to your cake pan.
Step 5: Pour batter into a cake pan. Bake at 350F for 1 hour or until the center of your cake is set.
Step 6: Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool completely on a wire rack before icing.
Step 7: Place butter in a mixing bowl, add cinnamon powder and beat until fluffy. Add icing sugar and beat until smooth and fluffy.
Step 8: Ice your cake, and as you can see, you have a great and tasty vanilla cinnamon cake!
Notes: In this recipe, I used a simple cake mix. I also tried making the cake from scratch. The texture was very similar, but with the homemade version, the taste was slightly better.
- Calories: 611
- Carbohydrates: 81g
- Proteins: 4g
- Fats: 9g
- Sodium: 502mg
- Sugars: 69g
Why Is Cinnamon Used In Cakes?
Cinnamon is frequently used in baking. It is a strong, sweet, and aromatic spice. In traditional Chinese medicine, cinnamon has been used for its medicinal properties for hundreds of years, and it has even been considered the second most important herb, right after ginseng.
Cinnamon has many health benefits. It is high in fiber, antioxidants, and minerals such as manganese, iron, and calcium. It reduces cholesterol levels, stabilizes blood sugar levels, and regulates blood pressure.
Which Ingredient Makes Cake Soft And Fluffy?
Butter is the main ingredient that makes cake soft and fluffy. Butter is one of the most important ingredients in baking. It gives flavor to your cake
and, most importantly, makes it soft and moist. If you do not use butter in your cakes, you will notice that your cakes will become a little drier.
How Can I Make My Vanilla Cake Taste Better?
You can improve the taste when making any cake by mixing in more cinnamon. The more cinnamon you mix into your cake, the richer it will be.
So if you want your vanilla cake to have a stronger flavor, add more cinnamon.
How To Serve:
1. Serve your vanilla cinnamon cake alone or with ice cream.
2. You can serve it with frosting.
3. You can also stuff it with cream cheese, nuts, fruits, and another filling of your choice for a more elaborate and delicious dessert!
4. I used a simple cake mix in this recipe, But you can make the cake from scratch. The texture will be close, but with the homemade version, the taste was slightly better.
How To Store:
1. Store your cake covered in the fridge.
2. If you want to make your vanilla cinnamon cake last longer, you can store it in the freezer.
3. You can store homemade cakes for one week in the fridge and two weeks in the freezer.
4. With cakes with milk and egg, you must keep them refrigerated, so they do not spoil or get eggs spots on them.
A good way to keep homemade cakes fresher for longer is to slice them before
serving and letting people serve themselves.
This recipe for the vanilla cinnamon cake is very easy to make and tastes phenomenal. This is a great homemade cake recipe for the family or a party.
This cake will have your family or friends begging you to make more. If you liked my recipe, please feel free to share it with your friends and family.