Swiss Hazelnut Cake Recipe is a classic dessert that originates from Switzerland. This cake is known for its light and airy texture, rich hazelnut flavor, and simple yet elegant appearance.
The cake is typically made with ground hazelnuts, flour, sugar, eggs, and butter, which are mixed together to create a smooth batter.
The batter is then baked in a round cake pan until it is golden brown and springy to the touch.
How To Prepare a Swiss Hazelnut Cake Recipe?
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Serving Size: 2-3 people
- To sieve the flour
- Hand mixer
- Small Bowls
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) skin-on hazelnuts, toasted and cooled
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) cake flour
- 1 cup (7 ounces) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 large egg yolks, plus 5 large whites
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Step 1: Whisk the dry ingredients (except for hazelnuts) together in a bowl.
Step 2: Whisk the flax eggs and milk together in another bowl.
Step 3: Mix the wet and dry ingredients with a hand mixer until fully blended.
Step 4: Spread batter out until the pan is full. If the batter doesn’t drip off, insulate with a cloth or paper towel.
Step 5: Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until fully cooked and golden brown.
Step 6: Remove from the oven. Put on a plate and top with hazelnuts.
Step 7: Enjoy your dish!
Nutrition Facts Of Swiss Hazelnut Cake Recipe
|Total Fat||11.7 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
Is It Safe For Heart Patients?
Hazelnut is rich in monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats that protect against heart disease. It is low in saturated fat and could reduce cholesterol levels.
These fats cause the blood vessels to relax, which helps the blood flow easily throughout the body.
This may lead to improved cardiovascular health and a reduced risk of heart attacks and strokes.
Hazelnut also contains a good amount of magnesium which benefits muscle health and nerve function, helpful for people who have diabetes or heart disease.
Have Any Side Effects To Eat Swiss Hazelnut Cake Recipe?
Hazelnuts are extremely nutritious, and they have many health benefits. Most of the hazelnuts you will find in the market today are grown in North America.
These plants thrive in the climate of California and Oregon, which are both very dry and hot areas.
These nuts need to be harvested at a certain time of year to ensure that they are harvested at their peak ripeness and when there is no risk of frost or drought.
How To Freeze Swiss Hazelnut Cake Recipe?
1. Wrap the swiss hazelnut cake recipe well with aluminum foil or plastic wrap.
2. Label the wrapped swiss hazelnut cake recipe by writing on a piece of paper and taping it onto the wrapped up cake.
3. Place wrapped swiss hazelnut cake recipe in a freezer bag and place in the freezer for up to 3 months.
4. You can move the wrapped swiss hazelnut cake recipe from the freezer to the refrigerator 1-2 days before serving for easier.
5. Allow the swiss hazelnut cake recipe to thaw in the refrigerator overnight or until it is easy to cut and serve.
Hazelnuts are one of the nuts that we usually eat during the holidays, but you can use any nut in this recipe.
It gives you a new way to eat your favorite nuts and maybe think about other ways to cook with them.
You can also use jelly in your swiss hazelnut cake recipe if you want to make it fancy. Jelly makes the cake look pretty, even if you aren’t that adventurous, in different colors.