This is a vanilla cake recipe, but instead of adding fruit, it includes a strawberry filling. If you want to make this with strawberries, use the ingredients below and follow the same steps as listed.
The filling can be made ahead of time so that when you are ready to assemble your cake, you put on layer one with the strawberry frosting
and on top of that layer two with the vanilla frosting. Make sure your strawberries are correctly cleaned before cutting them.
How To Prepare Vanilla Cake With Strawberry Filling Recipe?
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Serving Size: 8
For the vanilla cake:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
For the strawberry filling:
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
For the frosting:
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, chilled
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For decoration (optional):
- Fresh strawberries, sliced
How To Prepare:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk. Begin and end with the dry ingredients, mixing just until combined after each addition.
- Divide the cake batter evenly between the prepared cake pans. Smooth the tops with a spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and let them cool in the pans for about 10 minutes. Then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the cakes are cooling, prepare the strawberry filling. In a saucepan, combine the sliced strawberries, granulated sugar, cornstarch, water, and lemon juice.
- Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the strawberries release their juices and the mixture thickens. Remove from heat and let it cool completely.
- In a chilled mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
- Once the cakes and strawberry filling are completely cooled, place one cake layer on a serving plate. Spread the strawberry filling evenly over the top.
- Carefully place the second cake layer on top of the filling.
- Frost the sides and top of the cake with the whipped cream frosting. You can decorate the cake with fresh strawberry slices if desired.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least 1 hour before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.
Enjoy this delightful Vanilla Cake with Strawberry Filling! It’s perfect for any special occasion or simply as a sweet treat.
What Do You Fill The Middle Of A Cake With?
You can use any filling, including mascarpone, cream cheese, whipped cream or even chocolate. A few cupcake recipes that can be used are pumpkin spice cupcakes and s’mores cupcakes.
Why Should You Make Cake With A Strawberry Filling?
If the strawberry filling is good enough for a cake, it’s good enough for you. Your family will thank you for letting them enjoy something so delicious.
What Is The Best Cake With A Strawberry Filling Recipe?
The best cake with a strawberry filling recipe is the one you make. If you don’t know how to make the strawberry filling, don’t be afraid to start with tried and true recipes.
You can always change up a few things to make them your own.
What Are The Three Types Of Cake Fillings?
1. Cake fillings can be made from berry or fruit puree.
2. A cake filling can be made of crushed cookies, cake crumbs, and icing.
3. A cake filling can be made from essential sugar and cream cheese.
What Flavour Goes With Vanilla Cake?
When making a cake with strawberry filling, you should consider the flavour of the vanilla frosting.
Vanilla is the best choice for this cake. You can also try chocolate or coffee-flavoured frosting for the strawberry filling.
What Are Good Cake And Filling Flavor Combinations?
A delicious strawberry filling can be used with almost any cake flavour. You have to match up the cake and fillings flavours properly.
The best cake and filling flavour combinations for cakes include chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, lemon and carrot.
How To Store And Freeze Strawberry Filling?
Strawberry filling, once made, should be stored in an airtight container or bag and then frozen. If it is not being used immediately, take it out of the refrigerator, let it sit at room temperature for half an hour and then add it to your cake frosting.
The vanilla cake strawberry filling recipe is a great cake recipe to make. You should consider making this recipe if you want to try out something new.
It is easy to make where your family can help. This is a winner of a recipe that will bring you joy in the kitchen instead of frustration.