Welcome to my kitchen, fellow dessert enthusiasts! Today, I’ll be sharing a delightful recipe for Vanilla Cake with Raspberry Filling that will elevate your dessert game.
This moist and tender vanilla cake, layered with tangy-sweet raspberry filling, is a heavenly treat for any occasion.
So, let’s put on our aprons and get ready to bake a delicious masterpiece!
How To Prepare Vanilla Cake With Raspberry Filling Recipe?
Preparation Time: 5 min.
Cooking Time: 35 min.
Serving Size: 12 Servings.
- Two 9-inch round cake pans
- Parchment paper or non-stick cooking spray
- Electric mixer (stand mixer or hand mixer)
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Rubber spatula
- Offset spatula
- Cooling rack
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam or preserves
- Fresh raspberries for garnish
Step: 1. Preparing the Vanilla Cake
Now, let’s start creating our moist and fluffy Vanilla Cake:
Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Prepare the cake pans by lining the bottoms with parchment paper or greasing them with non-stick cooking spray.
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, cream the softened butter and granulated sugar together until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
Beat in the eggs, one at a time, ensuring each is fully incorporated before adding the next. Add the vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, alternating with the milk. Begin and end with the dry ingredients, mixing just until incorporated after each addition.
Divide the batter evenly between the prepared cake pans and smooth the tops with a spatula.
Bake the cakes in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Remove the cakes from the oven and let them cool in the pans for 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Step: 2. Creating the Raspberry Filling
Now, let’s whip up the luscious Raspberry Filling:
In a small bowl, stir the raspberry jam or preserves to make it smoother and easier to spread.
5. Assembling the Cake Layers
With the cakes cooled and the raspberry filling prepared, it’s time to assemble the layers:
Place one of the cooled cakes on a serving platter or cake stand.
Spread the raspberry filling evenly over the top of the first cake layer, leaving a small border around the edge.
Carefully place the second cake layer on top of the filling, ensuring it aligns with the bottom layer.
Step: 3. Frosting the Cake: Vanilla Buttercream
No Vanilla Cake with Raspberry Filling is complete without a delectable vanilla buttercream frosting:
In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened butter on medium speed until creamy and smooth.
Gradually add powdered sugar, one cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
Add the vanilla extract and a pinch of salt, then beat the frosting on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
Frost the assembled cake with the vanilla buttercream, covering the top and sides with a thick layer.
Step 4: Decorating Your Masterpiece
Now, let’s add the finishing touches to our masterpiece:
Garnish the top of the cake with fresh raspberries, arranging them in a visually appealing pattern.
Optionally, you can add a dusting of powdered sugar or white sprinkles for an elegant touch.
Refrigerate the cake for about 30 minutes to set the frosting before serving.
- Calories: 397.26
- Calories from Fat: 137.72
- Total Fat: 16.26g
- Cholesterol: 74.09mg
- Sodium: 55mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 43.45g
- Protein: 3.
Why Choose This Recipe?
1. This is different from the regular vanilla cake with raspberry filling recipe because it’s so moist and fluffy.
2. Very affordable and affordable for a family.
3. It’s delicious, and people will love it.
4. Wonderfully moist, rich, and crumbly cake that is delicious, served warm with custard or topped with fresh berries.
5. This recipe takes less than an hour to prepare, including baking and cooling time.
6. Easy-to-follow recipe with great results!
7. This vanilla cake with raspberry filling recipe is easy to make and absolutely delicious.
8. This vanilla cake with raspberry filling recipe is so moist and fluffy that it will be a hit at your next party!
9. Easy to make and fun to decorate, this vanilla cake with raspberry filling recipe was simply amazing. If you like the taste of raspberries, then you will love this recipe!!
What Is The Best Filling To Be Added Into A Cake?
A good frosting must be creamy, flavorful, and easy to spread. This is where this recipe excels; the vanilla cake with raspberry filling recipe is really easy to make, and it will fill your heart with joy when you take your first bite!
Expert Baking Tips:
1. Always ensure your ingredients are at room temperature before mixing the cake batter. This will increase the quality of your batter, and it will be less likely to overmix.
2. The best way to know if your cream cheese is at room temperature is by mixing it with an electric mixer or a hand mixer for 15 minutes,
until soft and smooth like whipped cream; If the batter is lumpy after mixing, it may not have been at room temperature long enough, and the cake may not be as fluffy as it could have been.
3. For this recipe, the room temperature of the ingredients is very important because they will be blended in the batter.
Also, when baking the cake, if the batter is lumpy after mixing, it may mean that it wasn’t beaten long enough, and your cake could end up being gummy with over-mixed sour cream.
4. Make sure your butter is at room temperature before creaming it into the sugar and eggs. This will ensure that your frosting will be light and fluffy, like whipped cream.
5. Beat the egg whites until stiff, and add a pinch of salt and sugar to keep them from deflating during baking. This will ensure your cake is light and fluffy with a golden top, and careful not to overbeat the batter.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully created a delectable Vanilla Cake with Raspberry Filling that will impress your family and friends.
This dessert is perfect for birthdays, celebrations, or simply as a sweet treat to brighten your day.
Enjoy every delightful bite and share the joy of this flavorful masterpiece with your loved ones! Happy baking!
Can I Make This Into Different Pans?
Yes, this vanilla cake with raspberry filling recipe can be made in different size pans.
Can I Make This Into Cupcakes?
Yes, it can be made into cupcakes that will come out very moist and yummy!
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead Of Time?
You can make the cake batter ahead of time, but it is best to frost your vanilla cake with raspberry filling right before serving.