A vanilla cake recipe south Africa will take you to the next level of cooking. The cake is indeed one of the best for any occasion and can be eaten raw or cooked. The most recommended ingredients are butter, milk, eggs, and all-purpose flour.
You will also need some sugar, baking powder, and vanilla essence. Some people also use a food processor, the best equipment because it mixes all the ingredients in a matter of minutes into a fine texture.
I know that cooking a vanilla cake recipe in south Africa might not be easy, but it is worth the effort you put into it.
Usually, we make this type of cake when we have visitors coming over or on special occasions, and others like to make it daily.
How To Prepare Vanilla Cake Recipe South Africa?
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 35 Minutes
Total Time: 45 Minutes
For the cakes:
- 170 grams butter
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 eggs plus 2 yolks at room temperature
- 190 grams of all-purpose flour plus 1 egg at room temperature
- 450 milliliters of milk at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons of baking powder
For the frosting:
- 170 grams of butter, softened at room temperature
- 200 milliliters of cream or milk at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt.
How To Prepare:
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Grease and flour a medium-sized bundt pan.
Step 2: Beat the Butter at low speed in a freestanding mixer until smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl once or twice. Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, then the sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
Step 3: Add 3 eggs plus 2 yolks, one at a time, mixing after each addition until blended into the batter.
Step 4: Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake for 35 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
Step 5: While cooling, whisk flour and baking powder together in a medium bowl until well-blended. Set aside.
Step 6: To make the frosting, beat butter at medium speed in a freestanding mixer until smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape down the sides once or twice.
Add the cream or milk, vanilla extract, and salt. Beat until light and fluffy, scrape down sides, and beat again until well-blended.
Step 7: When the cake has cooled, remove it from the pan. Pour frosting on top of the cooled cake and spread evenly.
Step 8: Slice a thin piece off each end of the cake so it can stand upright on a serving plate.
Step 9: Keep in refrigerator until the filling is set; slice to serve. Enjoy!
- Calories: 533
- Cholesterol: 88 mg
- Sodium: 413 mg
- Carbohydrates: 64.46 g
- Fiber: 1.45 g
- Sugars: 8.22 g
- Protein: 11.22 g
Best Making Tips:
1. We always recommend using a vanilla cake recipe in south Africa.
2. Always ensure that the butter, milk, eggs, and all-purpose flour are at room temperature when making the cake. Also, let the oven preheat for 30 minutes before baking your cake.
3. Keep your ingredients in the fridge rather than on the counter because they will cool more quickly.
4. When mixing the ingredients, use a freestanding mixer to prepare the vanilla cake recipe in south Africa. This will help you to make sure that the batter is mixed well and it will be mixed at a good pace.
5. Always grease the bundt pan with butter before you pour in the batter.
6. The most important ingredient of a cake is vanilla essence. Always use good quality vanilla essence, so you don’t get a bad taste of your cake.
Is Butter Or Oil Better For Cakes?
Yes, butter is a clear ingredient compared to oil. Oil is commonly added to the cake for tenderness, moisture, and extra flavor, and it is also the best way to make the frosting.
Butter gives a rich flavor to the vanilla cake recipe in south Africa and makes it dry, so frosting should be done on top of it.
Best Serving Ideas:
1. It is always important to ensure that you cover the vanilla cake recipe in south Africa once you have frosted it so that it does not get dry.
2. You can decorate the cake with any color of frosting and some buttercream roses if you make this for a special occasion.
3. This is usually served during special occasions, but you can also serve it during daily meals. It is not just a festive food but also an everyday food item.
How To Store:
1. This is a good idea to make a vanilla cake recipe in south Africa in advance and store it in the refrigerator until you need it.
2. You can also freeze this type of cake to bring it out on the day of your holiday or whenever you want.
3. Always ensure that the vanilla cake recipe in south Africa is covered before placing it in the freezer, so it doesn’t dry out during freezing.
A vanilla cake recipe in South Africa is not just healthy, but it is also delicious. It doesn’t matter if you have a big family. You can make this in advance and store it in the fridge until that special day. If you want to freeze it, you can place it in the freezer for 2-3 months before using it.
It is always important to follow all the directions in a recipe book so that you don’t get confused, and this helps to ensure that you don’t add more of an ingredient than required.