The vanilla cake ball recipe is an easy and delicious holiday treat. You will be surprised how many people will love this one. This recipe is great because it can be personalized according to your liking.
It is best served with sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. It is a great snack any time of the day and is perfect for birthdays, get-togethers, or even after dinner.
What Are Cake Balls?
Cake balls are bite-size cakes covered in powdered sugar. It can be flavored with different ingredients and toppings, such as chocolate, popcorn, coconut, nuts, etc.
Different names, such as cake truffles or cupcake truffles, know it. It is a great treat to serve at parties or special occasions.
How To Prepare Vanilla Cake Ball Recipe?
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Serving Size: 4
- 2 mixing bowls
- 1 cookie sheet or an oven pan
- 1 large spoon or a spatula
- 1 box of cake mix
- 3/4 cup of egg whites
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup of powdered sugar [plus more if necessary]
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- ¼ cups of butter (melted)
Instructions Step By Step
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Step 2: Add cake mix, egg whites, vanilla extract, and melted butter in a large bowl. Mix well with a hand mixer until the mixture is smooth and fluffy.
Step 3: Add mini chocolate chips and stir until well combined.
Step 4: Put your powdered sugar in another large bowl and add the cake mixture, about 1/4 cup at a time, then add milk and oil as you continue to mix until all the ingredients are mixed well.
Step 5: Put the mixture on a cookie sheet or in an oven pan and flatten the top of the mixture using your kitchen spatula.
Step 6: Put in your oven for about 15 minutes or until done.
Step 7: Once done, put it on a clean surface and roll it into balls using a spoon or spatula.
Step 8: Keep rolling and flatten the balls.
Step 9: Melt butter and use a brush to brush butter on top of the balls.
Step 10: Put the pan back in your oven for 5 more minutes and cool before serving.
- Calories: 320
- Total Fat: 13 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 2 mg
- Sodium: 131 mg
- Carbohydrates: 45 g
- Fibre: 0.3 g
- Protein: 6 g
Cake Ball Tips:
1. You can use any cake flavor for this recipe, such as chocolate, strawberry, or even carrot.
2. You can also use your favorite frosting instead of cake mix.
3. If you don’t have a kitchen spatula, you can use your hands instead to flatten the balls after each roll.
4. If the balls become sticky and hard to work with, place them in an airtight container and put them in your freezer for about 20 minutes or until they are hard again, then continue with the rolling process again.
5. To roll the balls, you can use your hands or a spoon to make the balls.
6. Always let your cake mixture cool on a clean surface before rolling them.
7. The best way of handling the cake ball after rolling is to freeze it for 20 minutes and then enjoy it.
8. You can keep them frozen for 2 months for best results and taste by using a plastic bag or an airtight container to keep them in before serving and store in your freezer.
How Do You Keep Cake Balls From Falling Apart?
When making Cake Balls, you can want to keep them from falling apart by using butter to coat the outside of the ball.
You can also put a small amount of vanilla frosting on it for a sweet and delicious taste.
How To Dip Cake Balls?
To dip Cake Balls, you can place them in a cup and then dip them into melted chocolate. You can also put sprinkles on the balls for an additional treat.
How Long Do Cake Balls Last?
These balls should be enjoyed the day after you make them. You can store them in an airtight container for up to 2 months in your fridge or freezer.
The Best Way To Serve:
You can serve them by placing a few on a plate and then putting a few scoops of ice cream on the plate.
If you want your cake balls to harden, put them back in your freezer for 5 minutes or until they are hard again before serving.
The Correct Way To Store:
You can freeze them in a Ziploc bag or any airtight container to store them. You should remove the balls from your freezer and put them in a cold location before serving. Once your cake balls are ready, you can serve them immediately.
This is a fantastic recipe, especially if you love cake balls. This cake ball recipe is easy to make and is best if you have a small party at home.
You can also personalize it according to your taste or flavor of choice by changing the cake ingredients.