Hey there, fellow dessert enthusiasts! Today, I’m excited to share with you my beloved Vanilla Cake Ball recipe.
These delightful bite-sized treats are perfect for parties, gatherings, or whenever you’re craving a sweet indulgence.
They’re incredibly easy to make and are sure to impress your friends and family. So, let’s dive right into it!
How To Prepare Vanilla Cake Ball Recipe?
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 2 hours
Yield: Makes approximately 30 Vanilla Cake Balls
- Mixing bowl
- Electric mixer or stand mixer
- Baking pan
- Parchment paper
- Food processor or blender
- Cookie scoop or tablespoon
- Melting pot or microwave-safe bowl
- Toothpicks or cake pop sticks (optional)
- Wire rack or baking sheet
For the cake:
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
For the coating:
- 2 cups white chocolate chips or candy melts
- Sprinkles or shredded coconut for decoration (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9-inch square baking pan and line it with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, cream the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Use an electric mixer or a stand mixer for best results.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the dry ingredient mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk. Begin and end with the dry ingredients, mixing just until combined after each addition. Be careful not to overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan, spreading it evenly. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Once baked, remove the cake from the oven and let it cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once the cake has cooled, crumble it into fine crumbs using your hands or a food processor. Transfer the crumbs to a large mixing bowl.
- Add frosting gradually to the cake crumbs, starting with ½ cup and adding more as needed until the mixture is moist enough to form into balls. The mixture should hold its shape without being too sticky. You can use store-bought frosting or make your own buttercream frosting.
- Roll the mixture into bite-sized balls using a cookie scoop or tablespoon. Place the cake balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Chill the cake balls in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- In the meantime, melt the white chocolate chips or candy melts in a melting pot or microwave-safe bowl, following the instructions on the package. Stir until smooth and creamy.
- Using a toothpick or cake pop stick, dip each cake ball into the melted chocolate, tapping off any excess. Place the coated cake ball back onto the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- If desired, sprinkle the cake balls with colorful sprinkles or shredded coconut while the chocolate is still wet.
- Once all the cake balls are coated and decorated, return them to the refrigerator for about 15 minutes to allow the chocolate to set.
- Finally, transfer the Vanilla Cake Balls to a serving plate or store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Electric Hand Mixer
- Calories: 150
- Total Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Sodium: 60mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 19g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Sugars: 15g
- Protein: 1g
Cake Ball Tips:
1. You can use any cake flavor for this recipe, such as chocolate, strawberry, or even carrot.
2. You can also use your favorite frosting instead of cake mix.
3. If you don’t have a kitchen spatula, you can use your hands instead to flatten the balls after each roll.
4. If the balls become sticky and hard to work with, place them in an airtight container and put them in your freezer for about 20 minutes or until they are hard again, then continue with the rolling process again.
5. To roll the balls, you can use your hands or a spoon to make the balls.
6. Always let your cake mixture cool on a clean surface before rolling them.
7. The best way of handling the cake ball after rolling is to freeze it for 20 minutes and then enjoy it.
8. You can keep them frozen for 2 months for best results and taste by using a plastic bag or an airtight container to keep them in before serving and store in your freezer.
Magic Bullet Blender, Small, Silver, 11 Piece Set
How Do You Keep Cake Balls From Falling Apart?
When making Cake Balls, you can want to keep them from falling apart by using butter to coat the outside of the ball.
You can also put a small amount of vanilla frosting on it for a sweet and delicious taste.
Can I use store-bought cake mix instead of making the cake from scratch?
Yes, you can use a store-bought cake mix as a time-saving alternative. Follow the package instructions for baking the cake, and then proceed with the recipe from step 8.
Can I freeze the cake balls?
Absolutely! Once the cake balls are fully chilled and coated, you can place them in an airtight container and freeze them for up to 2 months.
Thaw them in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
There you have it, folks! My irresistible Vanilla Cake Ball recipe that will surely delight your taste buds.
These bite-sized treats are perfect for any occasion and can be customized to suit your preferences.
So gather your ingredients, put on your apron, and get ready to impress your loved ones with these scrumptious cake balls. Enjoy!