A truck accident lawyer detroit mi is someone who will help you if you’ve been involved in a truck accident and it has been deemed your fault.
Truck accident lawyers in Detroit can help you with such things as finding the other party in fault, negotiating a settlement, and protecting your rights.
Truck accidents are difficult to handle on your own because of the sheer nature of a heavy vehicle travelling at high speeds on the road.
A good lawyer can help to make sure all the legal aspects are handled correctly and that you’re compensated for any injuries or damages sustained in the crash.
What Cause Truck Accident
In the majority of cases, truck accidents are caused by one party driving negligently or taking a situation that can be dangerous without regard to the safety of other drivers on the road.
While this may not seem like a big deal, keep in mind that it is not only the other drivers on the road who are affected.
No Legal Fees Until Your Case Is Settled.
The attorneys at the Law Offices of Ann Arbor know that truck accident cases can be very complex, which is why they will do everything in their power to help you obtain a settlement that can compensate you for all your expenses.
They know what you’re going through, as they’ve been doing this for many years and have helped people just like you.
Lots Of Questions Arise When A Truck Accident Lawyer Detroit Mi Is Needed.
Facts About Detroit Truck Accidents
1. An accident involving a truck can be extremely serious.
2. A truck weighs thousands of pounds, not just the tractor but the trailer too. And those heavy loads can cause tremendous damage to other vehicles, people and the environment.
3. The Interstate is known amongst truckers as the “Highway of Death.” Approximately one out of every five accidents involving trucks occurs on an Interstate highway.
4. The Department of Transportation estimates that 1,000 to 5,000 people are killed annually in truck accidents.
5. As many as 1 million trucks are involved in accidents every year.
6. Parts can vary from tractor-trailer combinations to load and unload trailers and to tankers carrying dangerous chemicals and other hazardous materials.
7. The average cost for a major truck accident is $250,000.
8. One in every five vehicles involved in fatal crashes are large trucks or commercial vehicles. Trucks are more likely to be involved in accidents because they travel at high speed and don’t have the same braking distances as passenger cars.
9. About a third of fatal truck crashes occur when another vehicle crosses into the path of the truck, and nearly half of those crashes involve a passenger car. Also one in every five truck accidents involves following too closely.
10. Trucks make up a little more than four percent of all registered vehicles in the U.S. but make up more than 20 percent of all highway fatalities.
How To Avoid A Truck Accident
It may not be possible to avoid a truck accident, but there are some things you can do that will greatly reduce the chances of being involved in one.
Many of the problems that cause truck accidents are preventable, and they can be avoided with careful driving habits.
Don’t speed Don’t tailgate Follow traffic laws and speed limits Be prepared for sudden changes in conditions Be courteous to other drivers, especially truck drivers Do not follow too close behind another vehicle when passing.
Liability Of Multiple Parties For Truck Acciden
In a multi-vehicle accident, if the truck driver and the driver of another vehicle did not collide, there may be more than one party who is responsible for compensation.
Some parties, such as the one driving the tractor-trailer that caused your accident, may have no responsibility at all. Others may be liable in order of fault.
The truck driver would be responsible first as they are usually the most vulnerable party to other vehicles on the road.
Get Help From A Detroit Truck Accident Attorney
If you have been involved in a truck accident, it may have resulted in injuries that you believe were caused by the other driver’s negligence or your own carelessness.
A Detroit truck accident lawyer can help you determine the responsibility of others, as well as possible settlement amounts. A good lawyer can be of great assistance in this type of case so do not let an accident go unresolved.
A truck accident lawyer detroit mi will help you with the legal issues involved in a crash involving a heavy vehicle. You may have been injured or have sustained property damage.
A good lawyer can ensure that your rights are protected and that the other drivers are compensated for their part in the accident. Do not let an injury or property loss go unresolved, and contact one now to help with your case.