Tom cruise cake recipe is a delicious, moist, and fluffy cake that can be baked and eaten like any other cake.
The additions of grated zucchini, crushed pineapple, and coconut milk make this a guilt-free treat.
Tom cruise cake is also a great way to use up any leftovers that you have in the fridge. There is no need to add eggs or butter to this recipe, which makes it all the more versatile.
For those who are on a low-fat diet, this recipe will allow you to still enjoy your cake and eat it too.
The added benefit of the pineapple and coconut milk is that they will add a sweeter taste to the cake.
Which means you might need to reduce the amount of sugar in it. The ingredients required are also easy to find in most kitchens and can even be substituted with healthier options if necessary.
How To Prepare Tom Cruise Cake Recipe?
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 40 mins
Serving Size: 8
- Mixing bowl,
- baking tin,
- baking paper
Ingredients For Tom Cruise Cake Recipe:
- 1,5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. Baking soda
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 cup Cornflour
- ½ cup Granulated white sugar
- 2 tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 2 cups Grated zucchini (approx.)
- 8 oz crushed pineapple in natural juice (approx.)
- 3/4 cup Low-fat coconut milk (approx.)
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- ½ Cup sweetened flaked coconut
Instructions For tom cruise cake recipe:
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Prepare an 8″ (20 cm) round springform pan by greasing the base and sides with butter, and then dusting with flour.
3. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the cornflour and sugar.
5. Add the oil and mix until well combined.
6. Using your spatula, fold the grated zucchini and pineapple into the batter.
7. In a small bowl combine the coconut milk with the vanilla extract and mix well until the mixture is smooth and uniform in appearance.
8. Pour a small amount of coconut milk mixture into the flour mixture and stir until combined, then add more to achieve a smooth mixture of batter (about ¼ cup).
9. Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin and smooth out the surface, then bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
10. Remove from oven and set aside to cool, then refrigerate for a couple of hours.
11. Take it out of the fridge and remove it from the tin before serving.
Nutrition Facts Of Tom Cruise Cake Recipe
- Calories: 380
- Total carbohydrate: 61 grams,
- Sugars: 28 grams
- Protein: 5 grams
- Fats: 16 grams,
- Saturated fat: 7.5 grams
- Carbohydrates: 62 grams
- Sodium: 1301 mg
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Best 8 Serving Ideas For Tom Cruise Cake Recipe
1. Add a dollop of whipped cream on the side of each slice.
2. Top it with some freshly sliced strawberries if you want the cake to look more attractive.
3. Use a vanilla ice cream or low-fat yogurt as a topping.
4. Add crushed nuts along with the coconut flakes for an added crunch to your cake for those who love nuts in their desserts.
5. Replace the coconut milk with strawberry yogurt for a change of flavor.
6. Use any other fruit that is in seasons, such as apples or blueberries to replace the pineapple and zucchini.
7. This cake can also be made into cupcakes by dividing the batter between two greased and floured muffin tins.
8. Add a dollop of lightly whipped cream on top of each cupcake and decorate with some sliced strawberries.
Why Called Tom Cruise Cake?
The name of this cake is derived from the actor and his well known personality Tom Cruise. The recipe was released on his birthday, so he would be the inspiration behind it.
The recipe itself is very simple and easy to make, which makes it a must-try for all those who love baking.
What Is Tom Cruises Favorite Cake?
Tom Cruise is known for having a sweet tooth, especially for sweets in the form of desserts. He loves to have vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce and chocolate cake.
His favorite treat is the sweet dessert of pineapple, meringue, and cream called Salty-sweet bagel ice cream.
He has been seen enjoying this while he is on his motorbikes and jetski in his free time.
Is Tom Cruise Cake Recipe Healthy?
Yes, the tom cruise cake recipe is healthy. Tom Cruise Cake is low in fat and high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. It contains almost all of the essential nutrients that your body requires to stay healthy.
This dish has a very low calorie count, which makes it ideal for those who are on a diet. It is also great for those who need to keep their cholesterol levels in check as it has no cholesterol whatsoever.
Is This Recipe Vegetarians?
Yes, this recipe is vegetarian. Because of the grated zucchini and pineapple that are added to the batter, they are both vegetarians.
This is a great recipe for vegetarians who love your cake in particular and vegans who want to avoid coconut milk.
Is This Recipe Low Fat?
Yes, the tom cruise cake recipe is low-fat. This cake has no fat at all but still tastes delicious and creamy due to the presence of coconut milk that imparts a light, luscious flavor. It also contains less than 100 calories per slice.
What Is Substituted Of Tom Cruise Cake Recipe?
There are no notable substitutes for this recipe. The ingredients that appear in it are the most common ingredients that can be found in your kitchen cupboard.
Coconut milk is not to be missed as it can be replaced by any other form of soybean milky liquid.
Tom Cruise Cake recipe is the ideal cake for all those who want to indulge in a dessert but are counting their calories. It is a simple and delicious cake that is low in fat and calories, while still tasting amazing.
This recipe even comes with its birthday celebration sometimes you will find recipes named after people on special occasions when they were born.
Thanks a lot for reading my post.