This is a strawberry punch bowl cake recipe with cream cheese frosting and lemonade cups. It is a fun and easy dessert for family gatherings or even on the weekends.
Using a spray bottle that you do not use for anything else is essential. This will be your frosting and should therefore be stored in the refrigerator if not used immediately.
Ingredients For Strawberry Punch Bowl Cake Recipe:
- 1 (16 oz) angel food cake, cut into cubes
- 1 (3.4 oz) box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 (8 oz) container whipped topping
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup strawberry-flavored gelatin
How To Make
- In a large bowl, whisk together the instant pudding mix and milk until smooth. Fold in the whipped topping until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sliced strawberries, granulated sugar, and water. Stir until the sugar is dissolved and the strawberries are well coated. Let sit for about 10 minutes.
- In a punch bowl, layer the angel food cake cubes, followed by a layer of the pudding mixture, and then a layer of the strawberry mixture. Repeat the layers until all ingredients are used up, ending with a layer of the strawberry mixture on top.
- Sprinkle the strawberry-flavored gelatin over the top of the cake. Cover the punch bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight, before serving.
- When ready to serve, give the punch bowl cake a good stir to mix all the layers together. Serve chilled and enjoy!
Serving Size: 20 people
DOWAN Serving Bowls
Note: You can also add in other fresh fruits like blueberries, raspberries, or kiwi to the cake for added flavor and color.
What Is A Punch Bowl Cake?
The punch bowl cake is a cake that has a layer of frosting under the cake and is then covered with more frosting. The top layer is then covered in fondant.
It is often used as an alternative to a sheet cake and as a presentation piece when serving fruit punch or other punch-based beverages.
Glad Press’n Seal Plastic Food Wrap
How To Upgrade?
A punch bowl cake can also be upgraded to look more professional by using colored sugar sprinkles on top of the fruits, making the layers look more polished, or covering the entire cake in sugar sprinkles.
Happy Belly Granulated White Cane Sugar
How To Serve Strawberry Punch Bowl Cake Recipe
The cake may be served in punch cups or drinking glasses. This will help keep the frosting and the fruit fresh.
The servings are also smaller, and people can enjoy having more than one helping if they choose.
Drinking Glasses with Bamboo Lids and Glass Straw 4pcs Set
This strawberry punch bowl cake recipe is a fun and easy way to serve fruit punch for your family and guests at your next party. It is also great for using leftover frosting because it is so rich.
The lemonade cups make serving easy without drinking the punch from a mug. It can be adapted into other fruit punches by substituting different fruits or even liquids.
Is This Recipe Gluten Free?
The strawberries and frosting can be replaced with all-purpose flour and chemical leavening, but this cake is not gluten-free.
Can I Replace Butter With Vegetable Oil?
Margarine or butter can be swapped for the butter in this recipe to make the recipe vegan. The cake will not have a good taste if swapped for vegetable oil.