This strawberry cake with jello recipe is a combination of cake and jello. It resulted in me looking for an easy dessert with some fruit that would be easy to make.
This is an easy-to-make and fun dessert that combines cake and jello into one great treat.
The cake is made with white cake mix and pudding, while the jello layer is made with strawberry gelatin and Cool-Whip.
The cake part is made with a white cake mix and pudding, while the jello layer is made with strawberry gelatin.
This is a combination of two different desserts meant to be a simple dessert for someone who does not have the time to make a jello mold or is looking for a way to use leftover cake.
How To Prepare Strawberry Cake With Jello Recipe?
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Serving Size: 8 people
To create this masterpiece, you’ll need the following equipment:
- Two mixing bowls
- Electric mixer
- 9×13-inch cake pan
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cooling rack
- Piping bag (optional)
Gather the following ingredients:
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry Jello
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 box white cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
Let’s dive into the heart of the matter – preparing the Strawberry Cake with Jello. Here’s a detailed breakdown of the process:
1. Creating the Strawberry Jello
In a bowl, dissolve the strawberry Jello in 1 cup of boiling water.
Stir in 1/2 cup of cold water and let it cool to room temperature.
2. Preparing the Cake Batter
Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease your 9×13-inch cake pan.
In a mixing bowl, combine the white cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, buttermilk, and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth.
Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
3. Combining Jello and Strawberries
Arrange the sliced strawberries evenly over the cake batter.
Gently pour the cooled strawberry Jello mixture over the strawberries and cake batter.
Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
5. Whipped Cream Topping
In a clean mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
Spread the whipped cream over the cooled cake.
Enjoy your scrumptious Strawberry Cake with Jello!
Nutritional Value Of Strawberry Cake With Jello Recipe
Amazing 9 Variations Of Strawberry Cake With Jello Recipe
1. Add crushed berries to the mixture and make a red glaze instead of strawberries.
2. Substitute Cool Whip with heavy whip cream. Use vanilla extract instead of glaze topping for a different but delicious taste!
3. Experiment with different flavorings in the jello powder (try using lime-flavored Jell-O powder) and use whatever combination of fruits you like in it to achieve your desired taste!
4. You can try using other types of cakes, such as yellow cake mixes or chocolate cake mixes. Substitute pudding in the cake mix with the water in the box directions.
5. If you want a lighter dessert, substitute the Cool Whip topping with more water to make a glaze instead of whipped topping.
Make an additional amount of glaze to pour over this top if there are any leftovers while trying this variation!
6. Substitute strawberries with cherries or other berries.
7. Substitute Cool-Whip with vanilla ice cream for a different, lighter, but still delicious dessert.
8. Substitute the jello powder with a place or fruit extract for a different taste sensation! Do not mix. Too much water will make it too liquid.
9. Use cake, pudding, and Cool Whip together instead of cake and pudding mix if you want to try a lighter version of strawberry cake with the jello recipe.
Is Best Ever Strawberry Cake With Jello?
This strawberry cake with jello recipe is intended to be a dessert you can make from ingredients you would have left over, and the instructions were meant for those who did not have much time or needed a quick and easy dessert.
This strawberry cake with jello recipe takes about 30 minutes to prepare. It takes some more time than other desserts, but it includes fruits and is still very good.
Is To Easy Strawberry Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting?
This strawberry cake with jello recipe needed to be easy to make because it was intended to be an alternative dessert for someone who didn’t have much time.
This strawberry cake with jello variation is much more time-consuming than the other variations, but it still uses the same ingredients and instructions from the first one.
Can You Add Jello To Frosting?
Yes, you can add Jell-O to frosting. It is an easy way to add flavor and color to your frosting, and it can also help to make it more stable.
This variation is also easier for those not sure about using Cool Whip to top their desserts.
The instructions for this variation are the same as the first one, with a few exceptions.
How Do I Make A Cake Moister?
There are a few things you can do to make a cake moister:
- Use cake flour instead of all-purpose flour. Cake flour is a lighter flour with less protein, which results in a more tender and moist cake.
- Use buttermilk instead of milk. Buttermilk is acidic, which helps to tenderize the cake and add moisture.
- Add vegetable oil or melted butter to the batter. Both of these ingredients add fat, which helps to keep the cake moist.
- Don’t overmix the batter. Overmixing can develop the gluten in the flour, which can make the cake tough.
- Bake the cake for the correct amount of time. An overbaked cake will be dry and tough.
How To Strawberry Cake With Jello Recipe Be Frozen?
To freeze strawberry cake with jello, leave it in the refrigerator for a day or two to allow it to cool completely.
When ready to freeze the cake, wrap it in tin foil. This can be used as many times as you like within one year.
My journey as a Cake Recipe expert has brought me to this delightful creation – the Strawberry Cake with Jello. I hope you’ve enjoyed this detailed guide and are inspired to try making it yourself.
This strawberry cake with jello recipe is a great recipe that you can use to show someone how much you love them. You can also serve it to guests who are visiting you.
This strawberry cake with jello recipe is very easy to make and can be made in a short period. It is tasty and has a nice texture.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can I use frozen strawberries instead of fresh ones?
Yes, you can substitute frozen strawberries, but make sure to thaw and drain them before use.
Is it okay to make the cake a day ahead?
Certainly! This cake actually tastes even better the next day as the flavors meld together.
What can I do if I don’t have an electric mixer?
You can mix the cake batter by hand using a whisk; it might require a bit more effort, but it can be done.
Can I make this cake without the whipped cream topping?
Of course, you can skip the whipped cream if you prefer a lighter version of the cake.
Is it possible to use a different type of cake mix?
Yes, you can experiment with other cake mix flavors to create a unique twist on the recipe.
Can I freeze this cake for later?
Absolutely, this cake freezes well. Just be sure to wrap it tightly to prevent freezer burn.