If you’re looking for a quick and easy dessert that’s sure to bring a smile to your face, then this Sad Cake recipe is just what you need.
Despite its name, this cake is incredibly delicious and perfect for those moments when you’re in need of a comforting treat.
With a moist and tender texture and a rich chocolate flavor, this cake is guaranteed to satisfy your sweet tooth.
How To Prepare Sad Cake Recipe?
Preparation Time: 8 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- 1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
Directions By Sad Cake Recipe:
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan.
Step 2: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well combined.
Step 3: Add the eggs, milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients. Mix on medium speed using an electric mixer until the batter is smooth and well incorporated.
Step 4: Reduce the mixer speed to low and gradually add the boiling water to the batter. Mix just until the water is fully incorporated. The batter will be thin, but that’s normal.
Step 5: Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
Step 6: Bake in the preheated oven for about 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
Step 7: Once the cake is done, remove it from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then, transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
Step 8: If desired, dust the cooled cake with powdered sugar before serving.
Nutrition Facts Of Sad Cake Recipe
|3 g (5%)
Variations Of Sad Cake Recipe
1. Add 2 tablespoons cocoa and 1 teaspoon baking soda with the flour.
2. Add 1 cup of chopped nuts and a couple of drops of colored water (add food coloring to achieve the desired color) along with the flour.
3. Use cooked rice instead of flour, add vegetable oil instead of butter, and use vanilla extract instead of eggs.
4. Use self-rising flour (1 cup self rising flour, 3/4 cup sifted flour) in place of the sifted flour in a sad cake recipe.
5. Use 1 cup mashed banana, 1 tablespoon of melted margarine, and 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg with the sad cake recipe.
6. Use 3 eggs, 3/4 cup melted margarine, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract in the sad cake recipe.
7. Use 2-3 cups cooked rice instead of flour and add fresh fruit to serve along with the sad cake recipe.
Is It Sad Cake Recipe Healthy?
The sad cake recipe is not healthy when consumed in quantity. It can lead to a full belly and cholesterol problems.
Eating the sad cake recipe may make you sick if not properly prepared and prepped.
Is Sad Cake Recipe Best Comfort Food?
This recipe is one of the best comfort food people can have. This is because it helps those hurting to feel better and enjoy life more.
Sad cake recipe are said to be for those who are going through a hard time in their life, especially those who lost someone or loved ones in the war.
Is Sad Cake Recipe Better To Eat With Other Foods?
This cake can be eaten with other foods, but it is best to pair them with different flavors. This will make it taste better.
Some examples of paired food are apple slices, strawberries, mashed sweet potatoes, macaroni, cheese, or even vanilla ice cream.
Have Any Side Effects On Eating Sad Cake Recipe?
Some side effects of eating sad cake recipe include pain in your stomach due to overfilling, gas, and indigestion that can lead to nausea.
It is also considered a portion of comfort food for grieving people. This is because of how it was made and what ingredients it has inside.
Can I Keep Freeze?
The sad cake recipe might be a sad story, but it is proven excellent. Many people have survived many hard times by eating the sad cake recipe to survive.
The sad cakes are made with love and care, showing when you are eating them. Sad cakes can be a way for families to come together
and support each other, which is how Mrs. Beers started making them during the civil war.