The recipe for daffodil cake is a delicious, moist cake that is both buttery and rich. This is achieved by combining melted butter with sugar, eggs, oil, vanilla extract, and milk.
The only difference between this recipe and any other cake recipe is that it uses a whole can of crushed pineapple instead of some milk. Most of the honey and flour are also added all at once.
This is because pineapple juice is thicker than milk, so it sinks to the bottom of the pan more quickly. Combining it all in one go, all mixed up nicely and rises evenly.
How To Prepare Recipe For Daffodil Cake?
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
Serving Size: 8
Ingredients By Recipe For Daffodil Cake:
For the cake:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 12 large egg whites
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
For the frosting:
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and flour two 9-inch cake pans.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and 3/4 cup of the sugar.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg whites, cream of tartar, and salt until soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in the remaining 3/4 cup sugar, 1 tbsp at a time, until stiff peaks form.
- Beat in the vanilla extract and lemon zest.
- Gradually fold in the flour mixture, 1/4 cup at a time, until just combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between the two prepared cake pans, and smooth the surfaces with a spatula.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the cakes are lightly golden and a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pans for 10 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edges of the cakes and carefully remove them from the pans. Let them cool completely on wire racks.
- To make the frosting, beat the heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Spread the frosting evenly over the top and sides of one of the cooled cake layers.
- Place the second cake layer on top of the frosted layer, and spread frosting evenly over the top and sides of the cake.
Nutrition Facts Of Recipe For Daffodil Cake
The recipe for daffodil cake is indeed delicious. This would make a great cake to bring to any party or event. It looks beautiful and is sure to delight your guests.
If you have not already tried the daffodil cake, this recipe will make it the perfect occasion to try it out.
You will be surprised by the flavor of this dessert and its simplicity in combination with the other ingredients used in this recipe.
I hope you will make it and enjoy it!
Thanks for visiting.