The recipe for daffodil cake is a delicious, moist cake that is both buttery and rich. This is achieved by combining melted butter with sugar, eggs, oil, vanilla extract, and milk.
The only difference between this recipe and any other cake recipe is that it uses a whole can of crushed pineapple instead of some milk.
Most of the honey and flour are also added all at once. This is because pineapple juice is thicker than milk, so it sinks to the bottom of the pan more quickly. Combining it all in one go, all mixed up nicely and rises evenly.
How To Prepare Recipe For Daffodil Cake?
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
Serving Size: 8
- Measuring Cup,
- Measuring Spoons,
- Mixing Bowl,
- Mixing Spatula.
Ingredients By Recipe For Daffodil Cake:
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Three eggs
- 1/3 cup oil (preferably olive oil or canola oil)
- One teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour.
- One teaspoon of baking powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 1 cup crushed pineapple.
Preparation For Recipe For Daffodil Cake:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Grease and flour two 8-inch round cake pans
3. With a mixing bowl and whisk, cream together butter and sugar, mix in eggs, one at a time, then oil and vanilla extract. Stir in pineapple juice and mix well.
4. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt into the mixture until all is mixed in well
5. Add 1 cup of crushed pineapple to the batter, then stir just until mixed evenly throughout the batter (it will be thick).
6. Divide the batter evenly between the two cake pans, then bake in a preheated oven for 30-35 minutes. Let cool slightly before removing from pans and placing on cooling racks.
7. To serve, cut each cake horizontally in half, then carefully transfer one side to a serving plate. Cover with half of the icing and place the other cake half on top.
8. Drizzle the remaining icing over the top of the cake and down the sides. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts Of Recipe For Daffodil Cake
Incredible 7 Variations Of Recipe For Daffodil Cake
1. Recipe For Daffodil Cake With Orange Icing:
A different variation of daffodil cake is adding 1/4 cup orange juice or 1/4 cup orange liqueur to the batter instead of pineapple juice.
Change the basic recipe for daffodil cake by adding these ingredients in place of some of the milk and pineapple.
2. Recipe For Daffodil Cake With Chocolate Icing:
Chocolate icing for daffodil cake is simply a combination of 1 tablespoon cocoa powder with 1/4 cup hot water (1/2 teaspoon instant coffee or two teaspoons vanilla extract) added to the basic recipe for daffodil cake before mixing in the flour.
3. Recipe For Daffodil Cake With Lemon Icing:
The Lemon icing recipe is similar to the chocolate icing recipe (basically the same ingredients). Just mix one teaspoon of lemon juice with 1/4 cup of hot water.
4. Recipe For Daffodil Cake With Cherry Icing:
A delicious cherry icing recipe is as follows mix three tablespoons of maraschino cherry juice from the jar with 1/4 hot water and add to the basic recipe for a daffodil cake for extra flavor.
5. Recipe For Daffodil Cake With Maple Icing:
The maple icing recipe includes 1 cup of confectioner’s sugar, three tablespoons of water, two tablespoons of maple syrup, and flavorings.
6. Recipe For Daffodil Cake With Peach Icing:
The peach icing recipe is as follows – add 4 to 5 chopped peach halves to the batter before adding them to the basic recipe for a daffodil cake.
7. Recipe For Daffodil Cake With Kiwi Icing:
Kiwi icing is a delicious alternative to peach or cherry. Remix 1/2 cup of chopped Kiwi fruit in the above icing flavors and mix until well combined.
8. Recipe For Daffodil Cake With Liquorice Icing:
A tasty variation of the basic recipe for the daffodil cake is to use licorice instead of vanilla extract. To make licorice icing, add 1/2 cup water and three tablespoons vodka. Add two drops of green food coloring and mix until pureed.
Is Recipe For Daffodil Cake Healthy?
The daffodil Cake Recipe is healthy and low in calories, but it is still sweet. This cake recipe can be served as a breakfast cake, lunch, or snack.
All these recipe variations for daffodil cake leave the nutritional balance intact with just the addition of chocolate, kiwi fruit, and lemon juice.
Is It Safe For Heart Patients?
Generally speaking, a dish such as daffodil cake is not going to have any adverse impact on your heart condition. But if you have a lot of other things to worry about,
it’s always wise to consult a nutritionist before taking any new recipe and, if necessary, check with your doctor.
Have Any Side Effects To Eating Recipe For Daffodil Cake?
Daffodil Cake does not have any known side effects. It is well tolerated by most people and has a low chance of causing problems if consumed regularly.
Some people may need to limit their intake of daffodil cake after some time due to the baking powder and baking soda used in this recipe.
How To Freeze Recipe For Daffodil Cake?
Daffodil cake freezes very well. You can freeze the individual pieces of daffodil cake or piece an entire cake together first.
Wrap the cake in plastic wrap and place it in a freezer bag so that all the components are separated and protected from each other.
Most cakes will stay frozen for at least two months if kept under 40°F, but it is much better to freeze it as soon as possible after you have made it and sealed it in the freezer bag.
The recipe for daffodil cake is indeed delicious. This would make a great cake to bring to any party or event. It looks beautiful and is sure to delight your guests.
If you have not already tried the daffodil cake, this recipe will make it the perfect occasion to try it out.
You will be surprised by the flavor of this dessert and its simplicity in combination with the other ingredients used in this recipe.
I hope you will make it and enjoy it!
Thanks for visiting.