A milk bar red velvet cake recipe is a traditional recipe that has been passed down to each generation as an heirloom, or in other words, a tradition.
This cake is rich and moist, with cream cheese icing, which complements the sweet taste of the cake.
How To Prepare Milk Bar Red Velvet Cake Recipe?
Serving Size: 12 slices
- Mixing Bowl,
- Big Spoon
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1¼ cups cake flour
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, tightly packed
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1/2 tablespoon red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- chocolate cheesecake or red velvet frosting
- chocolate cookie crumbs, for topping
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Butter two 8-inch round cake pans, line the bottom with parchment paper, then butter the parchment.
Step 2: In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat together the butter and both sugars on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
Beat in the eggs one at a time until well blended. Add the buttermilk, oil, vanilla extract and food coloring and beat for another 4 minutes on high speed.
On low speed, add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt; mix only until smooth.
Step 3: Divide the batter evenly between the two prepared pans. Bake for about 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely before frosting.
Step 4: To make the frosting, in a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat together the cream cheese and butter on medium-high speed until smooth.
On low speed, add the confectioners’ sugar. Add the vanilla extract and salt and mix until smooth, about 2 minutes.
Step 5: Once cakes have cooled completely, level each cake layer if needed. Place one layer on a serving plate or cake stand; spread with about 1 cup of frosting.
Stack the second layer on top and spread with about 1 cup of frosting. Top with the third layer.
Frost the top and sides with the remaining frosting. Garnish with crumbled chocolate cookies, if desired.
Step 6: Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts Milk Bar Red Velvet Cake Recipe
What is special about milk bar cake?
Milk Bar red velvet cake is truly a spectacle to behold. It may not be the cake you want to eat every day but it is so special, so different and provides such a unique experience that once you taste it, you’ll wish this was your birthday or some other excuse to eat one of these decadent delights.
Is It Safe For Diabetics Patients?
This cake is rich in carbohydrates and can harm people who have diabetes. Consumption of milk bar red velvet cake recipe with a high glycemic index can increase your blood glucose levels. Therefore, people with diabetes should avoid this cake.
Is It Safe For Kids?
This cake could be potentially harmful to kids due to the presence of cocoa powder in it.
Therefore, it is better to consume this cake in moderation or completely avoid its consumption if you have kids at home.
Have Any Side Effects from eating the Milk Bar Red Velvet Cake Recipe?
This cake may have side effects if you have certain health problems. Consumption of a milk bar red velvet cake recipe with a low glycemic index can help in reducing your blood sugar levels.
Therefore, it is better to avoid this cake if you have diabetes.
Can You Eat Milk Bar Red Velvet Cake Recipe Every Day?
The milk bar red velvet cake recipe contains fiber, which is why it is not good for your body if consumed excessively. Therefore, it should be consumed only to get the desired health benefits.
How To Serve Of Milk Bar Red Velvet Cake Recipe?
1. Serve the milk bar red velvet cake recipe in small bowls.
2. Put some whipped cream on the top of the milk bar red velvet cake recipe.
3. Serve the milk bar red velvet cake recipe with a cup of coffee or tea.
4. Milk bar red velvet cake recipe can be served with fresh fruits and berries. The milk bar red velvet cake recipe is good with fresh whipped cream, yogurt, and ice cream.
5. Milk bar red velvet cake recipe is a perfect side dish to accompany breakfast, such as breakfast pizza, cereal, and fruits.
How To Freeze Milk Bar Red Velvet Cake Recipe?
1. Freeze the milk bar red velvet cake recipe in an airtight container.
2. Ensure the container is properly sealed so the cake does not lose its freshness and quality.
3. Put the cake in a separate freezer bag, so it is easy to remove and consume.
4. The frozen cake can remain good for a month without losing its taste, and quality is kept at -18 degrees Celsius or a very low temperature.
5. Freeze the milk bar red velvet cake recipe immediately after serving, so it is soft and tastes good.
6. You can thaw out the frozen milk bar red velvet cake recipe in the refrigerator overnight or in some hours if you are in a hurry.
Milk bar red velvet cake is a pretty amazing cake. Unique in every aspect but delicious and very enjoyable.
The chocolate is rich, the egg yolks provide a light texture and the filling has a very nice cream cheese taste. The cake itself is moist, tender and extremely creamy.
On top of that, the icing base creates an interesting contrast with its soft, almost jelly like texture, contrasted with the firmness of the chocolate ganache filling.