The lemon ricotta cake recipe is one of the moistest cakes we have ever tasted. With the perfect balance of sweetness, zing, and just the right amount of density, it’s sure to be your new favorite cake.
Not only is it a favorite with kids, but it can also be used as an elegant dessert for any occasion. Our lemon ricotta cake recipe is both sweet and tangy.
We like to make it with half lemon zest for an extra zing and creamy ricotta or mascarpone cheese filling. You can make this cake in two layers and fill it with frosting, then top it off with sprinkles.
Or you can have fun and play around with the cake layers. The options of fillings are endless, and you can easily change the look of this classic dessert.
How To Prepare Lemon Ricotta Cake Recipe?
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 55 Minutes
Serving Size: 12 slices
- Cupcake Tin,
- Frying Pan,
Ingredients For Lemon Ricotta Cake Recipe:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 260 grams (1 cup) of granulated sugar
- One tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted,
- Three eggs at room temperature
- 275 grams (scant 1 cup) ricotta
- One tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup lemon zest
Directions For Lemon Ricotta Cake Recipe:
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Spray your cupcake tin.
Step 2: Crack your eggs into a large bowl and mix with your sugar until it thickens.
Step 3: Sift together all dry ingredients, flour, baking powder, and salt.
Step 4: Add the melted oil to the egg mixture, followed by the ricotta cheese. Mix in a small bowl.
Step 5: Add the lemon juice and zest to your egg mixture, followed by the dry ingredients. Use an electric mixer and mix until everything is incorporated together without any lumps.
Step 6: Use an ice cream scoop to fill the cupcake cups about three-quarters full.
Step 7: Bake for 22-25 minutes. The cake will rise nicely but not too much.
Step 8: Let cool completely before frosting and decorating your cake with sprinkles. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts Of Lemon Ricotta Cake Recipe
Amazing 8 Health Benefits Of Lemon Ricotta Cake Recipe
1. Lemon Ricotta Cake is a healthy low-fat, cholesterol-free food. Although it is low in fat, the lemon ricotta cake recipe contains essential nutrients and vitamins.
2. Lemon Ricotta Cake can be used as a detoxification process and has the power to flush out toxins from the body. This can prove to be helpful in your body’s natural cleansing process.
3. Lemon Ricotta Cake can help fight virusesLemon ricotta cake recipe is rich in Vitamin C, which is effective in fighting against infections. It also can boost your immune system.
4. Lemon Ricotta Cake contains low sugar levels, unlike other cakes with higher sugar content.
5. Lemon Ricotta Cake with honey makes you feel energetic and keeps you away from fatigue and lethargy.
6. Lemon Ricotta Cake improves digestion and boosts your metabolism
7. Lemon Ricotta Cake can be an excellent addition to your weight loss diet. It lowers blood fat and reduces the risk of getting cancer.
8. Lemon Ricotta Cake can help fight acne. If you have oily skin and face, try this cake. It will help you reduce your greasiness and eliminate pimples caused by oily skin.
What Is Lemon Ricotta Made Of?
Lemon ricotta is a creamy and tasty spread that can be used in various recipes. For example, you can use it as a filling for cakes or pastries, to prepare smoothies, or even tea.
In general, lemon ricotta is one of the most popular products made from milk or cheese. The main ingredient is a formula with 8% fat, including fresh cheeses curdled with lemon juice and salt.
What Is Ricotta Baked Lemon?
Ricotta baked lemon is one of the most popular baking products made from milk or cheese. Ricotta baked lemon is a mix of 8% fat, fresh cheeses, and curdled with lemon juice and salt. The main ingredient is ricotta, aged for about 4 to 6 months.
Can Ricotta Cake Be Frozen?
Yes, the lemon ricotta cake recipe can be frozen. Squeezed lemon juice stops the acid content from increasing and thus prevents the cheese from going bad.
The shelf life of this product depends on the storage conditions. In general, you can store it in a refrigerator for a maximum of 2 days and in a freezer for up to one month.
Is It Gluten Free Lemon Ricotta Cake Recipe?
I know that a lot of people are gluten intolerant. However, if you are one of them, you don’t have to worry about eating the lemon ricotta cake recipe.
This cake does not contain any trace of gluten in it, but for your safety, it is better to consume this cake only after consulting your healthcare provider.
Is It Better To Bake A Cake The Day Before?
Yes, baking this cake the day before is also a good idea. You can generally keep it in your refrigerator for up to 2 days.
You don’t need to bake the lemon ricotta cake recipe the next day, but you can bake it an hour or two later, so they are well risen.
What Makes Lemon Ricotta Cake So Special?
The lemon ricotta cake recipe is unique and different from other cakes because it doesn’t contain any frosting or unnecessary decorations outside.
This cake takes you back to childhood when you all needed delicious taste and some sprinkles.
Does Ricotta Cake Have To Be Refrigerated?
Ricotta cake does not have to be refrigerated, but if you want to keep it for a more extended period, then you must refrigerate it. It can last for about five to seven days in the refrigerator.
It is also better to keep your cake in an airtight container to stay fresh and moist.
The lemon ricotta cake recipe is excellent for people who want to lose weight because it is rich in high-quality ingredients. This cake can make you feel full for a more extended period
And can keep your appetite under control so that unhealthy snacks won’t tempt you. Eat the lemon ricotta cake recipe regularly and see how you look and feel.
I’m sure you’re going to love it! Thank you for visiting.