Cake pops may be a perfect choice if you’re looking for a cool but small party dessert! They’re super easy to make and look so professional.
But before you dive in and start making them, there are some things you’ll want to be aware of.
How To Use A Cake Pop Mould?
1. You’ll need the proper tools: a pastry bag, a large and small round pastry tip (I use the smallest one), and an offset spatula.
2. You’ll need a cake pop mold (a cupcake pan or mini muffin tin). I highly recommend silicone molds since they’re so easy to store after the party! They’re also easier to clean if you make them ahead of time.
3. You’ll need your own special cake pop recipe. There are a lot of different recipes, and it can be overwhelming to figure out which one to use.
The best thing you can do is choose a recipe that you like, then read the comments and make any adjustments you feel are necessary. Trial and error is the best teacher!
4. You’ll need dowel rods for your cake pops to stick onto. You can buy wooden dowels or some long plastic spoons (like spaghetti).
I prefer the wooden dowels for stability, but I’m sure you’ll find that the spoon method works just as well.
5. You’ll need sprinkles, icing, and candy to top your cake pops with. I think it comes down to personal preference and what colors look best, but some of my favorites are a mixture of crushed Oreos, white chocolate chips, and rainbow nonpareils.
6. You’ll also need a place to store your cake pop sticks and molds after the party. I suggest getting a cake pop box (the rectangular one) or a small container that will hold the cake pops upright properly.
It’s also good to have a separate place to store your ceramic molds, which are always clean when needed!
7. You’ll want to ensure you have enough time to make all of your cake pops, then have time to allow them to dry before the party.
Do You Need To Spray Silicone Molds?
You don’t need to spray your silicone molds with any spray. I’ve read that it’s been suggested that you should use a food-safe silicone baking mat and a brush to clean the molds,
but I haven’t ever needed to do this myself, and I’ve never heard of anyone else needing to do so.
How Long To Bake Cake In Silicone Mold?
I baked my cake for about 25-30 minutes, but you may need to experiment to see what works best for your oven.
I would recommend being very careful when removing the cake from the oven and opening the door! It’s really easy to burn yourself on the slightly hot edges of it.
How Do You Set Up Cake Pops?
Setting up your cake pops is simple, but first, you’ll want to line up your dowels in the bottom of your cake pop mold. Then place the cake on top of them.
Once placed, add more dowels and fill them with chocolate to stick to the cake. If using a silicone mold, I recommend decorating them in some way so that they won’t come loose during serving.
Why Is My Cake Pop Batter Sticky?
A common problem with cake pops is the batter being sticky. The batter has glycerin, making it easy to handle and perfect for molding.
The only problem is that it can make eating your cake pops more difficult. If you’re having problems, you can add either egg whites or some powdered sugar to help make them easier to eat.
How Do You Know If Cake Pops Are Done?
It’s really hard to know when your cake pops have finished baking because each oven will cook differently. But we have a few methods that work well for most people.
The most common method is to use a toothpick. When you stick the toothpick into one of your cake pops, and it comes out clean, then it should be done.
How To Store
After you’ve taken your cake pops out of the oven, we recommend storing them in an airtight container that can later be used as a cake pop container.
This will allow the cake to be fresh for a little while after serving and make it easier to transport them before serving.
Cake pops are an easy-to-make, delicious dessert that is perfect for parties. You can make them a few days before the party and then just put them in your cake pop container before serving them on the day of.