How To Prepare Depression Era Vanilla Cake Recipe?
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
Serving Size: 10
Ingredients For Depression Era Vanilla Cake Recipe:
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 12-15 pecan pieces (optional)
- 1 cup sour cream (optional)
For the vanilla frosting:
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup cold water
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
Directions To Prepare:
Step 2. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs until light and frothy.
Step 3. Gradually add the sugar and continue beating until the mixture is thick and pale yellow.
Step 4. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and vanilla extract until just combined.
Step 5. If using, stir in the pecan pieces and sour cream until well combined.
Step 6. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Step 7. Let the cake cool completely in the pan.
Step 8. In a medium saucepan, mix together the sugar, water, and vanilla extract.
Step 9. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar is dissolved.
Step 10. Bring the mixture to a boil and let it boil for 5-7 minutes, or until it thickens slightly.
Step 11. Remove the pan from the heat and let the frosting cool for a few minutes.
Step 12. Pour the frosting over the cooled cake, spreading it evenly with a spatula.
Step 13. Let the frosting cool and set for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Enjoy your Depression Era Vanilla Cake!
Nutrition Facts Of Depression Era Vanilla Cake Recipe
- Calories: 264
- Protein: 7 gm
- Carbohydrates: 50 gm
- Cholesterol: 103 mg/dL
- Sodium: 93 mg/dL
- Fats & Fatty Acids: 10 gm
What Makes A Cake Very Light And Fluffy?
A cake is often very light and fluffy if it contains a lot of air or has been beaten for a long time.
The more air is whipped into the batter, the softer and smoother it will be. Baking powder or baking soda can also add extra atmosphere to cakes.
What Are The Three Parts Of Depression?
1. The First Great Depression:
The first economic downturn occurred between August 1929 and the early 1930s. A stock market crash in the United States created it.
2. The Second Great Depression:
It was caused by a fall in production, a rise in unemployment, and a drop in the prices of agricultural commodities.
3. The Third Great Depression:
In 2008, the U.S. experienced its worst recession since the great depression of the 1930s so-called “Great Recession” or “Global Recession.”
What Depression Does To The Brain?
1. Depression increases the risk of suicide.
2. Depression can affect people physically, impacting their health and well-being.
3. Depression can lead to substance abuse and addiction, particularly in young men and women.
4. Depression damages children if it occurs during their early years (below the age of 5).
5. Depression is linked with a range of other physical and mental disorders, including anxiety and substance abuse problems or eating disorders, or even schizophrenia
This recipe makes a good cake for a low-calorie dessert or as part of a meal or a snack. It also can be easily added to other recipes if desired.
The depression era cake recipe can be made without fats or oils, making it suitable for low-fat diets.
The ingredients included in this recipe can be substituted with other ingredients depending on personal preference.