How To Prepare Of Cake With Strawberry Filling Recipe?
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Serving Size: 6 people
For the cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup whole milk, at room temperature
For the strawberry filling:
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
For the whipped cream frosting:
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, cold
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease two 9-inch round cake pans.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients, alternating with the milk, until the batter is smooth.
- Divide the batter evenly between the two prepared cake pans.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the cakes cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing and placing on a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the strawberry filling, combine the sliced strawberries and granulated sugar in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the strawberries have released their juices and the mixture has thickened, about 10-15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water.
- Stir the cornstarch mixture into the strawberry mixture and continue cooking for an additional 2-3 minutes, until the mixture has thickened even more.
- Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- To make the whipped cream frosting, in a large bowl, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gradually mix in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract until the frosting is smooth.
- To assemble the cake, place one of the cooled cake layers on a cake plate or serving platter.
- Spread the cooled strawberry filling over the cake layer, leaving a small border around the edge.
- Place the second cake layer on top of the filling.
- Spread the whipped cream frosting over the top and sides of the cake.
- Decorate with fresh strawberries, if desired.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least 1 hour before serving to allow the frosting to set.
Enjoy your delicious cake with strawberry filling!
|Saturated Fat||6 grams|
Will Fresh Strawberries Make A Cake Soggy?
No, fresh strawberries do not make a cake soggy. Fresh strawberries are very moist. To make your cake juicier, you can individually wrap the cakes in plastic wrap and freeze them for later use.
What Do You Put Between Layers Of Cake?
You should always put a layer of frosting between each layer of cake. It’s not required for every cake, but it is something that many people like to do so that the cake does not taste dry.
Does A Cake With Jam Filling Need To Be Refrigerated?
A cake with jam filling is like any other cake. You can either put it in the freezer or use a refrigerator. It doesn’t matter if you keep it inside and away from heat sources.
If you leave it outside, the cake will become hard and can even attract bugs.
Cake with strawberry filling recipe will make your life easier because all you have to do is put everything you need in the oven and let it cook until it comes out without any problems.
It will be less of a hassle than having to make the cake using traditional methods. This is one of the easiest recipes to make, and tastes great! You are going to love this recipe as much as I do.