The burnt sugar bundt cake recipe is a popular recipe that many people enjoy. The main ingredient for this recipe is unsalted butter which gives the burnt sugar bundt cake its texture and taste.
Ice cream and chocolate sauce are the best toppings for this bread. Many toppings can be used on the cake.
The burnt sugar bundt cake ingredients are not hard to find, but the cooking time might depend on your oven and the color of your bundt pan.
How To Prepare Burnt Sugar Bundt Cake Recipe?
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 60 minutes
Serving Size: 12 servings
- 2 and 2 cups (285g) cake flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1 cup (120g) sour cream, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 cups unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3 egg whites, at room temperature
- 2 cups (400g) granulated sugar
- 2 cups whole milk, at room temperature
- 1 cup (120ml) cooled burnt sugar syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Burnt Sugar Frosting:
- 2 cups unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups cooled burnt sugar syrup
- 1 Tablespoons whole milk or heavy cream
- 5 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 12-cup (or 10 cup) Bundt pan with nonstick spray.
Step 2: In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
Step 3: In another medium bowl, whisk together the sour cream, vanilla extract, and 1 Tablespoon of the cooled burnt sugar syrup. Set aside.
Step 4: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, or in a large mixing bowl using a hand-held mixer, beat the butter on high speed until creamy – about 1 minute. Gradually add the granulated sugar and continue beating on high speed for 4-5 minutes, until fluffy and light in color.
Step 5: Beat in the egg whites one at a time, then beat in the cooled burnt sugar syrup.
Step 6: With the mixer on low speed, add half of the flour mixture. Then, add half of the milk. Beat just until incorporated.
Step 7: Add the rest of the flour mixture and beat just until incorporated.
Step 8: Add in the sour cream mixture and beat on medium-high speed for 2-3 minutes.
Step 9: Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl to ensure everything is mixed in evenly.
Step 10: Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it out evenly. Bake for 45-48 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Step 11: Cool cake in the pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Burnt Sugar Frosting:
Step 1: In a medium bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment, beat butter on high speed until creamy – about 2-3 minutes.
Step 2: Add vanilla extract and cooled burnt sugar syrup. Beat on medium speed for 1 minute, then increase to high speed and beat for 3-4 minutes more.
Step 3: Add confectioners’ sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating on low speed until incorporated before adding more. Once all of the confectioners’ sugar is added, beat on high speed for 3-5 minutes until light and fluffy.
Step 4: Add milk/heavy cream as needed to thin out the frosting – 1 Tablespoon at a time.
Step 5: Frost cake and serve immediately. Or, refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts Burnt Sugar Bundt Cake Recipe
What colour is burnt sugar?
There is not just one color. Depending on the water content, burnt sugar will be a darker or lighter color.
In addition, the higher the heat, the darker and more complex in flavor it will be.
Can Burnt Sugar Bundt Cake Recipe Be Frozen?
Yes, the burnt sugar bundt cake recipe can be frozen. Do not pour any ice cream over the top when you serve it.
The burnt sugar bundt cake will make itself much better if you let it cool for a few hours before adding it to the freezer.
What is burnt sugar flavor?
Burnt sugar flavor is created when granulated sugar is heated to high temperatures without water.
When the water evaporates, what remains is a very concentrated and dark syrup full of complex flavors and aromas.
Is burnt sugar safe to eat?
Yes. Burnt sugar is a safe ingredient to cook with, because it’s usually cooked to high temperatures, which kills any potentially harmful microbes.
What can I use burnt sugar for?
It’s delicious to drizzle on ice cream, cakes, biscuits, and more. You can also use it in place of regular sugar in your favorite desserts and treats.
Also see what else you can do with burnt sugar on Bakeaholics Anonymous Website.
How To Freeze Burnt Sugar Bundt Cake Recipe?
1. Chill the burnt sugar bundt cake to room temperature.
2. Place the burnt sugar bundt cake in a freezer bag and seal it with heavy duty freezer tape.
3. Freeze the oven baked burnt sugar bundt cake until completely frozen. Overnight is best.
4. When you are ready to eat the burner, unwrap it and put it in a clean serving dish that is frozen. Please put it back in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 35 minutes until the top is golden brown.
Is Burnt Sugar Bundt Cake Recipe Easy To Cook?
Yes, the burnt sugar bundt cake recipe is easy to cook because it’s an easy process of adding all the ingredients and baking them in the oven. It will not take a lot of your time to prepare.
How To Make With More Delicious?
1. Add a banana to the bottom of the bundt cake pan before pouring it into the batter.
2. Use spice cake mix instead of yellow cake when making this dessert.
3. Spoon melted chocolate over the top of the bundt cake before baking.
4. When baking the burnt sugar bundt cake, use spray oil to grease the bundt cake pan.
5. When serving, put a piece of ice cream on the bundt cake.
6. Replace the nuts with blueberries, but use caution because they are poisonous when eaten raw.
Burnt sugar bundt cake is a delicious, healthy dessert everyone can enjoy. It is especially good for people with low fats in their diet because it will make you feel full longer.
It contains high amounts of protein and healthy fats essential for your body’s function. If you want a dessert recipe to accompany your meal, then burnt sugar bundt cake should be on your list of recipes.
The Health Benefits of the burnt sugar bundt cake recipe are numerous. Eating this cake will boost your health and make you feel full longer.