How To Prepare Boudin King Cake Recipe?
Serving Size: 8 servings
- 8oz Pepper Jack Cheese, freshly grated
- 3 (8oz) Cans Refrigerated Crescent Rolls
- 2 Tablespoon bacon drippings
- 1 Teaspoons Cajun Seasoning
- 2 Large Egg
- 3 Large Shallots, chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1lb Boudin Sausage Links (cooked)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 4oz Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 4oz Sour Cream
- 4oz Cream Cheese
- 2 Green Onion, chopped
- 1Tablespoon Parsley, chopped
Step 1: Preheat oven to 375.
Step 2: With a knife or pizza cutter, cut each roll into eighths. Place in large bowl and sprinkle with cajun chicken seasoning and salt.
Add heavy cream and egg; beat vigorously until well blended. Unroll dough onto greased cookie sheet.
Step 3: Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Let cool slightly and spread with cream cheese. Place bacon, sausage and green onion on top. Sprinkle with parsley.
Step 4: Mix together cream cheese and sour cream in a microwave safe bowl until smooth; spread evenly on top of the cheesecake layer.
Step 5: With a pastry bag, pipe whipped cream onto cheese cake; garnish with green onion.
Garnish: Bacon, sausage and green onions. You can also sprinkle parsley on top too. Place cookie sheet in the freezer for about 5 mins or until it is totally frozen. Right before serving, slice and serve with boudin kwacha.
Best 5 Freezing Ideas
1. Baked boudin kings recipe can be frozen for up to a month. Wrap each one separately in plastic and freeze them. If the boudin king is cut, wrap the pieces of it individually before freezing.
2. If you want to freeze the cream cheese filling, fill each boudin king with part of it and leave the rest at room temperature until serving time. Wrap them individually in plastic and freeze them.
3. The boudin king cake recipe can be frozen and then thawed. Let it rise at room temperature overnight. Then preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C) and let it bake for about 30 minutes until golden brown.
4. Allow the cakes to cool completely before freezing them, or wrap them in plastic wrap and freeze them well-wrapped for up to a month.
5. If you do not have a pan for baking, wrap each boudin king in plastic wrap and freeze it so it can be reheated later.
6. Boudin king cakes recipe can be frozen by slicing the cake, wrapping each section with plastic wrap, and then freezing them. Return unused portions of bread slices to the freezer when they become defrosted.
7. If you do not want to bake the bread yourself, you can use store bought frozen boudin packages instead of making your bread dough.
Health Benefits Of Boudin King Cake Recipe
1. Baked boudin kings have a sweet taste and are rich in energy.
2. Sugar gives your body all the energy it needs, and it can make you feel more awake and alert. But the sugar content of boudin king cake is pretty high,
so people who have diabetes or like to keep a low-sugar diet may want to stay away from this dessert.
3. Baked boudin kings recipe are rich in sodium, which has many health benefits like helping the body balance its electrolytes and fluids.
It is also the main mineral needed for nerve function, muscle contraction, and blood pressure regulation.
4. Protein is an essential nutrient that helps build proteins in your body and makes you grow bigger. People who exercise or work out can use extra protein because it is an important energy source.
5. Fiber helps your body absorb impurities found in the food you eat. It also lowers cholesterol levels and helps prevent heart disease and diabetes.
Can This Be A Braided Loaf?
Yes. You can put the dough in a bundt pan and braided it. You can also make it just like a bread.
Can I Use Any Other Sausage?
Yes, you can use any sausage you want. I recommend using the boudin kwacha or cajun chicken to make it taste unusual.
Do I Have To Use Pepper Jack Cheese?
No, you can use any cheese you want. Brick cheese goes well with the green onion, bacon and garlic. Also, swiss cheese goes well with cream cheese and sour cream.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
It will not take much time to prepare the boudin king cake recipe. If you use refrigerated crescent roll dough, it takes only 30 minutes to bake the boudin king cake.
Boudin king cake recipe is a traditional Louisiana dish. It is widely eaten in the United States. Different versions of this dish are eaten during different seasons or festivals.
Baked boudin kings are a popular Louisiana treat. They can be served as desserts or appetizers when eating with other people.
Can You Fry Boudin On The Stove?
Yes, you can fry boudin over the stove in a skillet. It might not be as tasty as frying it in lard or other fat, but it will still be good.
How Much Is A Boudin King Cake?
The cost of a king cake can depend on where you live, but it’s typically less than USD 20. However, some king cakes can be quite expensive. The cost depends on the designer.